How to find deactivated automation?

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
Skoomabeats

How to find deactivated automation?

Post by Skoomabeats » Tue Jun 01, 2021 9:54 am

Every now and then re-enable automation pops up and I have no clue which automation I deactivated.

There's so many times where I edit a knob w/ an automation, and forget to delete the grayed out automation. A couple minutes pass and I see re-enable automation is lit up and I have no way of knowing what it's going to change when I click it.

[jur]
Site Admin

Re: How to find deactivated automation?

Post by [jur] » Tue Jun 01, 2021 3:48 pm

Sometimes it's because of a VST (I think some NI stuffs are often culprits, but there might be others) internal activities, while nothing actually changed.
Ableton Forum Moderator

Skoomabeats

Post by Skoomabeats » Thu Jun 03, 2021 10:04 am

I don't mind my automation changing, it's really the fact that there's no option to find out which automation is deactivated. Most of my projects are 100+ tracks so it's very difficult to do this manually. I end up having no option but to hit the re-enable button at the top and have no clue what in my track has changed.

Would be nice be able to right click on on the reenable button and have it " Show deactivated automations". Similar to the "Manage Sample File"
menu.

Set Me Free

Post by Set Me Free » Wed Jan 25, 2023 12:04 am

They refuse to add this simple feature. It blows my mind that we have come this far and this hasn't been corrected.

randi

Post by randi » Fri Jan 27, 2023 5:28 pm

Skoomabeats wrote:
Thu Jun 03, 2021 10:04 am
..it's really the fact that there's no option to find out which automation is deactivated. Most of my projects are 100+ tracks so it's very difficult to do this manually. I end up having no option but to hit the re-enable button at the top and have no clue what in my track has changed.
there is, in arrange mode with activated automation view, you can go through each track and see which parameter is greyed out (active one are orage/red)