Midi Sync Why does it not work that great?

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
dusty4444

Midi Sync Why does it not work that great?

Post by dusty4444 » Fri Jun 04, 2021 3:22 pm

I have traktor Pro 3 hooked up to Ableton 10 via Link then I have Ableton as the mast to my Korg Electribe Machine. What do we do when the drum machine falls out of sync? I amusing a USB to midi and its plugged in directly to the my IMAC not into any USB hub.

What is the key to keeping all your hardware and ableton in Sync. My latency is as good as its gets. I believe like 4Mili seconds or something. Does a Midi Hub work better .My sound card doesnt have a midi port. What do people do when ableton and their hardware on not in sync as most drum machines dont have live pitch correction

jlgrimes

Re: Midi Sync Why does it not work that great?

Post by jlgrimes » Tue Jun 08, 2021 6:13 pm

dusty4444 wrote:
Fri Jun 04, 2021 3:22 pm
I have traktor Pro 3 hooked up to Ableton 10 via Link then I have Ableton as the mast to my Korg Electribe Machine. What do we do when the drum machine falls out of sync? I amusing a USB to midi and its plugged in directly to the my IMAC not into any USB hub.

What is the key to keeping all your hardware and ableton in Sync. My latency is as good as its gets. I believe like 4Mili seconds or something. Does a Midi Hub work better .My sound card doesnt have a midi port. What do people do when ableton and their hardware on not in sync as most drum machines dont have live pitch correction
I remember having an issue with Midi sync like 10 or so years ago with Ableton.

I believe it was a bug or something with the program, as I tried Sonar and I don't think it had an issue.

Might want to try Reaper or Cakewalk (or insert another DAW that can be tried freely) to see if it is an Ableton issue.