Maximizing Volume Output

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
speedy_noy3s

Maximizing Volume Output

Post by speedy_noy3s » Sun Jun 06, 2021 8:02 pm

Hi everyone,

I am wondering if anyone knows the answer to an issue that I have been running into. I find that Ableton is running into my headphones too quietly and I'm wondering if anyone knows how to get more volume coming out of the Ableton Output. I have the volume on my laptop turned up. I have the headphone knob turned up all the way on my pre-amp as well as the mix knob turned up and the faders on my channels are up and the master volume fader is also up all the way. I'm wondering if there is a way to get more volume after the master volume so that I can hear more through my headphones while being able to keep the faders down to a decent level. Maybe there is a way to adjust the audio output? It just sounds really quiet and I have all of my settings up all the way and everything else on my pc sounds very loud. Does anyone know of good ways to get more volume?

Thanks yall!!!

yur2die4

Re: Maximizing Volume Output

Post by yur2die4 » Sun Jun 06, 2021 8:17 pm

I don’t know a great deal about this. But the first two questions that come to mind for me are whether or not it is Ableton Live specific, or something outside of Live.

1. What exactly are your headphones plugged into?
2. Do you have this problem when using a media player while Live is closed? What audio drivers do you use in Live?

jlgrimes

Re: Maximizing Volume Output

Post by jlgrimes » Mon Jun 07, 2021 1:45 pm

speedy_noy3s wrote:
Sun Jun 06, 2021 8:02 pm
Hi everyone,

I am wondering if anyone knows the answer to an issue that I have been running into. I find that Ableton is running into my headphones too quietly and I'm wondering if anyone knows how to get more volume coming out of the Ableton Output. I have the volume on my laptop turned up. I have the headphone knob turned up all the way on my pre-amp as well as the mix knob turned up and the faders on my channels are up and the master volume fader is also up all the way. I'm wondering if there is a way to get more volume after the master volume so that I can hear more through my headphones while being able to keep the faders down to a decent level. Maybe there is a way to adjust the audio output? It just sounds really quiet and I have all of my settings up all the way and everything else on my pc sounds very loud. Does anyone know of good ways to get more volume?

Thanks yall!!!

Not all headphones are equal. Some will work better for laptop outputs.

When producing, you will probably be monitoring at lower volume than a fully mastered track, which might be what you are running into.

Might also want to consider a headphone amp if you don't want to change headphones.