Ableton crashes when I freeze a track

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
jeje.funk

Ableton crashes when I freeze a track

Post by jeje.funk » Tue Jun 08, 2021 11:00 am

Hi everybody,

I got this issue since 4 days, and I can't find any solution.

The problem is that when I try to freeze a track, no matter which track, from the current file I am working on, ableton crashes.

So I already try to reinstall ableton and also to freeze after disabling the audio. But those options didn't work.

Did you guys already have this issue ? Any idea on how could I solve the problem?

Have a nice day.

miyaru

Re: Ableton crashes when I freeze a track

Post by miyaru » Tue Jun 08, 2021 11:10 am

Please state the system and OS you're on, so anyone could possibly help.....

Are you on a Mac M1 chip system? If so, M1 is not yet supported and can cause problems......
Greetings from Miyaru.
Prodaw i7-7700, 16Gb Ram, Focusrite Scarlett 18i20 3rd gen, ESI M4U eX, Reason 12, Live Suit 10, Push2, Presonus Eris E8 and Monitor Station V2, Lexicon MPX1,
Korg N1, Yamaha RM1x :mrgreen:

jeje.funk

Post by jeje.funk » Tue Jun 08, 2021 12:03 pm

Sorry for the missing info.

I am working on window 10 with Ableton live 11.0.2.
Not sure it is relevant but just in case it is, my processor is AMD Ryzen 5 1400 quad-core 3.2ghz with 32go ram and my audio interface is focusrite 2i2.

Forget to mention, but the problem occured with an other file, during the first week of using ableton 11, and since my file was saved with ableton 10, I finished it with ableton 10, so it did not cause me any trouble.
What link those two experiences is that both files were created with ableton 10.

[jur]
Site Admin

Post by [jur] » Tue Jun 08, 2021 4:29 pm

Are you using 3rd party plugins in your set? You might want to check in this area, which is often involved with this type of crashes.
Ableton Forum Moderator

jeje.funk

Post by jeje.funk » Tue Jun 08, 2021 6:38 pm

Thanks for your repply :
Are you using 3rd party plugins in your set? You might want to check in this area, which is often involved with this type of crashes.
After seeing your message I tried to identify from which plugin the issue come from. And I identified the vst serum as the source.

The problem is that on this file, most of my work has been made with it. So I don't really know what to do.

[jur]
Site Admin

Post by [jur] » Tue Jun 08, 2021 6:56 pm

First you should check if there's any Serum update available.
If not, then exporting your tracks to audio is probably the way to go.
Ableton Forum Moderator

properLofi

Post by properLofi » Wed Jun 09, 2021 12:32 pm

When I have had this issue and not been able to resolve with an update, I have found using Melda ChannelMatrix (free) and freezing a side chain into ChannelMatrix, I can freeze and flatten the track. It’s a bit of a workaround but it works with groups as well.

jeje.funk

Post by jeje.funk » Wed Jun 09, 2021 2:58 pm

Thank you for your answer guys.
First you should check if there's any Serum update available.
If not, then exporting your tracks to audio is probably the way to go.

I did check the update but it didn't work, so I changed the way I work and worked as you suggested.
When I have had this issue and not been able to resolve with an update, I have found using Melda ChannelMatrix (free) and freezing a side chain into ChannelMatrix, I can freeze and flatten the track. It’s a bit of a workaround but it works with groups as well.
I wil check that, it might be a better solution with my way of working.