renaming midi cc, delaying audiooutput

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
yentzee

renaming midi cc, delaying audiooutput

Post by yentzee » Fri Jun 11, 2021 1:39 pm

Hi,
I am having two questions.

I was wondering whether it is possible to rename midi cc.
Running a moog minitaur with all parameters being able to be controlled via midi I am having a hard time remembering the controllernumbers for the according parameters. Is there any way to change the names of the controllers in the list? If so, could I do different lists (one for each synth)?

My second question releates to the timing / syncronisation of Live. As no computer is capable of generating a stable jitterfree midi clock I am using Pamelas New Workout Eurorack module to sync to live and sync everything else from there.
I found using a simpler with a clock pulse triggered 16 times per quarter pretty relieable and flexible. Now as soon as I am using plugins which are causing delay I have to turn on Latency compensation and this is where I am running into trouble. When using simpler and an external effect plugin I am having a very solid timing regardless of CPU usage, unfortunately the timing is a bit off. Using the delay track parameter doesn't have any effect as long as the external fx plugin is used. So it is not possible to set an offset. Without the external fx plugin I can do this but things like activating deactivating cpu strong plugins, opening another program (e.g. total mix) etc causes latency problems and I have to restart live.
I can use the CV Tools clock out plugin which seems quite stable but again doesn't allow to set an offset.
Is there any way to deal with this? I am still trying to wrap my head around the whole timing / sync system so I might have missed something.

Thanks for helping

RokSivante

Re: renaming midi cc, delaying audiooutput

Post by RokSivante » Mon Nov 08, 2021 12:45 am

i was asking the same question (about renaming MIDI ccs)... told the answer is NO.

still digging a bit further to see if there's any chance that person was wrong.

found this, though pertaining to a different DAW - https://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=565485 - which might potentially help for a workaround IF could figure out a way to map those CCs to macros on an instrument rack or something of the sort. IF I can figure anything out...