Setting Variable Tempo in Track as Master bmp?

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
sambaji

Setting Variable Tempo in Track as Master bmp?

Post by sambaji » Tue Jun 15, 2021 12:26 pm

I am aware of how to have a session follow the tempo of live audio input by engaging the "follow" button on the upper left of the GUI. But how can I get clips to follow the variable tempo of an already recorded audio clip? In arrangement view, the Warp "lead" seems to only set the bpm based on the estimated overall tempo of the clip--not the tempo changes over time. In other words, I want to be able to analyze the variable tempo (bmp) of a recorded live clip and then have Ableton follow this variable tempo. Perhaps, this is part of the question, how do I get Ableton to set warp markers automatically on beats of a clip?
Thanks, Sam
Last edited by sambaji on Tue Jun 15, 2021 5:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

schlam

Re: Setting Variable Tempo in Track as Master Npm?

Post by schlam » Tue Jun 15, 2021 3:37 pm

It should have other solutions. .but you can try that :

-create a return track going to an output of your sound card

-send to this return track the track where is the clip you want to be followed

-route the output of this return track (virtually or not..it depends of your sound card. .)to an input of your sound card..

- in Live preference choose this input in the "follow" configuration menu..

I hope I understood well your question. ..;)

Cheers

sambaji

Re: Setting Variable Tempo in Track as Master bmp?

Post by sambaji » Tue Jun 15, 2021 9:08 pm

Thanks. I can probably get it to work in Mac with an audio router such as the free Blackhole 2ch. Being able to trigger automatic beat detection over time with audio clips, adding warp markers at every estimated beat, all within Ableton would be a nice feature--such as a clip right-click option, "Mark Beats."