Ableton 11 - Frozen track not playing back correctly after Tempo Change

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
_matt_hues

Ableton 11 - Frozen track not playing back correctly after Tempo Change

Post by _matt_hues » Thu Jun 17, 2021 9:00 pm

I have a project that changes tempo a few times and I am finding that I can't freeze some tracks without glitches or drop outs near where the tempo changes happen. We mostly already know that Ableton is weird when it comes to tempo changes depending on what plugins are being used, so I'm not surprised. One specific instance of this problem is a frozen instrument track with Addictive keys on it. The first few notes of the piano part are just gone when it's frozen. I can still see the midi there, but no sound is coming from the channel. Also if I flatten this track, I can see the waveform is rendered properly, but still, I don't hear the first few notes unless I change the warp type from something other than "beats" which makes me suspect that the frozen track is warping for some reason when the tempo changes even though the tempo isn't changing while the track is supposed to be playing. I'm not aware of a setting that changes the warp type of a frozen MIDI track though. The tempo change is very big at this particular spot: 35 to 185.

I have also noticed some glitchy sounds on a vocal track that had lots of third-party plugins on it, including Soothe 2 when it's frozen. Again, if it is active, those sounds are completely absent.

I'm on OSX 10.14.6 with an Intel i7 processor. 16GB of ram and all my files are being read from an external 1200rpm HD. 2012 Mac Mini.

Anyone else having a similar problem or know how to fix it? I already sent a support request.

[jur]
Site Admin

Re: Ableton 11 - Frozen track not playing back correctly after Tempo Change

Post by [jur] » Sat Jun 19, 2021 12:54 pm

Interesting. Thanks for sending this over to support, I won't be surprised if this is a bug.
What happens if instead of freezing the track, you render it via the export feature?
Ableton Forum Moderator