Ableton/KK keeps loosing presets

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
aklisiewicz

Ableton/KK keeps loosing presets

Post by aklisiewicz » Sun Jun 27, 2021 3:08 am

I have some bad experience with certain Komplete Kontrol plugins. It happens only to some of them.
I place KK instance, load a preset , sometimes adjust it and sometimes use default sound. When I Save project and reopen next day the track has no sound. Sometimes the track has sound but it is super quiet (although the day before it was OK). When I click and reload the preset from the preset's browser in KK it plays OK. When I reload and I have made previously some changes to the sound those changes are lost. I know about grouping and saving presets within the group but the idea (I assume) is that every time I reload a project this track should keep that settings from the last session.

Initially I thought this is a glitch in only one plugin but this happens to several of them (so far I experienced 4-6 or so). This happens only to whatever is in KK, no issues with non KK VSTs. Obviously I could ask/report this to NI but I have completely lost faith in their support, as they never helped me in anything for the last 6 years and most of the issues I had to resolve myself with the help of other fellow musicians + my own research.

I wonder if anybody else have experienced that ?

PS>
Using Live11 + Win10-Pro + Komplete-Ultimate-12
"You are what you think you are"
Sadarahu

cskracer

Re: Ableton/KK keeps loosing presets

Post by cskracer » Sun Jun 27, 2021 10:03 am

Interesting I just had this happen to me today. Had an instance of KK in a track I was working on yesterday. When I opened it this morning and tried playing the instrument on that track via my KK S1 keyboard, there was no sound. Had to shut LIve and restart it to get it to work.

Thought it might have been some sort of initialisation problem with my KK S1.

Marco74

Post by Marco74 » Thu Jul 08, 2021 8:42 am

Hello ableton user,

I have a similar problem, since I updated to the KK new version 2.6.2,
First of all , when I load a new KK device in version 2.6.2 i loose all the native content > so i rescan all the librairy (until there nothing unusual), the device rescan all the content and nothin wrong happen.
But, when I save the project and reopen it the KK device lose the preset , the KK device is completely empty (I test with different native instrument devices inside KK but same problem happened no preset saved).

I have noticed that when I reopen the project all the KK VST are come back in the last version 2.5 and the content librairy are empty once again! I try to rescan the VST inside ableton (with or without the alt/option key hold) but that doesn't fix the problem ; I tried also to reset the KK device and to reinstall it but still not fixed.

Any idea how to fix this

Configuration : ableton 11 + mac OS catalina + komplete 13 ultimate + Komplete Kontrol last version 2.6.2

AbletonMASCHINE

Post by AbletonMASCHINE » Thu Jul 08, 2021 10:11 am

Hi,

KK 2.6.2 installs a VST2 and a VST3 version of that plugin.

If an old KK 2.5 opens after installing 2.6.2 then your plugin directories / Live settings seem to be mixed up.

Mark Williams

Post by Mark Williams » Thu Jul 08, 2021 10:21 am

If you have old and new versions of KK installed, then you will encounter issues.
Live 11, M1 Mac Mini, Push 2, Scarlett 18i20 & ADA8200, Softube Console 1 Mk2, Deepmind12, Hydrasynth, Cobalt 8M, Moog Subsequent 25, IK Uno Synth Pro, Plethora X3, Nord Drum 3P

Marco74

Post by Marco74 » Thu Jul 08, 2021 7:16 pm

Ok, I find the problem

In my VST folder I have create some folders to store my VST by kind (synth, reverb, effect...) and I had duplicate a KK VST in one other folder, I delete the duplicate instance and that fixed the problem.

thanks for your help

aklisiewicz

Post by aklisiewicz » Wed Jul 21, 2021 1:45 am

I have some other issues because I have had duplicate DLL files for KK. I cleaned this up and that fixed my other problems, but not this one. I recently downloaded most recent KK version and still experience an issue.In my case, when I open a project, I can see the instrument in place but no sound. When I re-load an instrument in KK (from the left panel) the sound comes back (until the next day or soo, and then the same problem...). This would not be such a big deal but once I strt tinkering a sound and forget to save a particular modified preset then next time I reload all my changes are lost - which is a nightmare !

I suspect that this problem has something to do with the Input/Output channels in KK. I noticed also when the instrument is loaded but no sound. I tried to recreate all inputs from scratch using BATCH option in KK menu) and the sound was back. I do not think this is LIVE issue but rather KK but I have no clue how to fix this problem in KK. NI is notorious for super poor quality products and non-existent support so I would not even bother to ask them for help.... because they offer no help (unless you buy something - then they are super friendly).

AKA
"You are what you think you are"
Sadarahu

jestermgee

Post by jestermgee » Wed Jul 21, 2021 2:03 am

aklisiewicz wrote:
Wed Jul 21, 2021 1:45 am
NI is notorious for super poor quality products and non-existent support so I would not even bother to ask them for help.... because they offer no help (unless you buy something - then they are super friendly).
Completely incorrect.

May be your opinion, which you are entitled, but as for "Poor Quality" products outside the realm of expectations that not every single unit manufactured can be perfectly free of defects, the consensus from the overwhelming majority of the actual products appears to be very positive and although sometimes support can be slow, there are numerous official NI guys of the forums and also willing support people and moderators who don't get paid but offer wealth's of support. I own A KK S Series MK1, Maschine Studio and Komplete Ultimate 13 and have zero issues with any of these products in 10 years. Plenty of complaints about lack of development in software features I would like to see but I do not expect/demand this as it was not waht I bought into, just hopes I have.

Given the way I know you target your rants you would be in the minority of people that have this feeling possibly because people find it too hard to bother dealing with you and as I would, would simply ignore as much as possible. Development and wishes aside, support (if you know how to correctly ask for it) is very positive tho be it slow to respond on occasion but again, seek out the helpful people on the forums and you can get faster answers, just leave the moaning and "this sux" attitude at the door.

StéphaneMil

Post by StéphaneMil » Wed Mar 23, 2022 9:23 pm

Mark Williams wrote:
Thu Jul 08, 2021 10:21 am
If you have old and new versions of KK installed, then you will encounter issues.
Thanks a lot !!!