? - Live 11 - set multiple clips' Loop Position, Length and Launch

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
litL1

? - Live 11 - set multiple clips' Loop Position, Length and Launch

Post by litL1 » Tue Jun 29, 2021 5:59 pm

Hi,
(Following a relatively extensive search, i'm a bit dumbfounded not to have found any explanation or answer reg. my question and apologise in case i missed the appropriate post.)

My question: [Session View - Clip View]
How can i set Loop Position and Length on multiple clips at once, and launch them in A.Live 11, using a midi controller or the computer keyboard?

The idea is, to have different elements of one song populating a scene's clip slots, and at any point throughout it's runtime launch Loop for a chosen section of all clips within the selected scene at once.

My confusion arose when looking at a Group Track; looking at its Clip View, i can see an exact replica of functions as a single clip's Clip View, i.e. Start & Set, End & Set, Loop, Position & Set, Length & Set, Signature, and Groove. However, neither are any of the Group's "Set" buttons (of Start, End, Position and Length) functioning nor are they available for Key- or MIDI-mapping, which is highly confusing - especially as i cannot find any explanation to why they're not functioning (and why they're even there) anywhere!

Aside from this though, this used to (somewhat awkwardly) work in past A.Live versions, by e.g.
1. setting up the Key- or MIDI-mapping for the Loop, Set-Start and Set-Length (e.g. letters "ö" = Loop Position Set ; "ä" = Loop Length ; "ü" = Loop on/off) for all clips
2. making sure the clips are warped
3. selecting any multiple clips in Session View
4. using the assigned keys or MIDI assigned controls
... and my guess is, that the program's coding has been altered since version 11... fair enough, BUT:
Why are there non-functioning buttons (with no additional explanation) present?

And could it really be that 10 years in the making, this much wish-listed functionality in a still predominantly "loop-based" production software has still not been addressed by its makers?

And in closing.. anybody here have an "easy" workaround, in case the answer to my last question is a yes?
***ONE LOVE***

MacbookPro (Retina, 15', Mitte 2015) - 2,2 GHz Intel Core i7