(HELP) Opened a project from last night and things have CHANGED. HOW?

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
bnaki

(HELP) Opened a project from last night and things have CHANGED. HOW?

Post by bnaki » Wed Jul 14, 2021 6:05 pm

I was working on a song last night and listened to the whole thing in its entirety right before I saved and closed Ableton. Everything was fine with it, exactly how I want it. I open up the same project file today and things are different. The midi notes for one of the tracks had been moved up an octave. Easy fix. BUT there are a few other tracks (3 or so) who's sound have changed. I'm using Serum on all these tracks. All of them sound different. Where once was a plucky guitar sound, now there is a pad sound with a lot of attack, and 2 bass sounds lost their top end and presence. How in the world could this happen when I listened to it right before I saved last night and I'm absolutely 100% sure that EVERYTHING was fine. The only thing I did with the bass sounds in my last session was group them, and I didn't even touch the guitar sound at all. My song sounded really good how it was and if I can't find a way to recreate or restore what I had I'm going to be VERY UPSET. HOW DO SOUNDS AND MIDI NOTES CHANGE WITHOUT ME CHANGING THEM? Is this a bug? Could Serum be the culprit? This is the first time this has happened and I just don't understand. If something has caused this I would like to know so I can avoid it from happening again. Any input is greatly appreciated. (I've already emailed Ableton support)
I would also like to mention that when I saved the project and closed Ableton, I immediately tried to open Ableton again to work on something else and a small window popped up that said Ableton was being automatically updated, please try again in a minute. Maybe THIS has something to do with it? Could the update cause something like this?
Here is the hardware I use:
AMD Ryzen 7 3700X 8-Core Processor 3.59 GHz
32BG RAM
Win 10 x64
Ableton 11
Push 2
Focusrite 6i6