Automation/Modulation toggle in clip view not appearing in some clips (Live 11)

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
erols

Automation/Modulation toggle in clip view not appearing in some clips (Live 11)

Post by erols » Wed Jul 14, 2021 9:14 pm

Hi,

My setup is: Live 11.0.5, Windows 10 home updated, Motu UltraLite-mk3 Hybrid Overview with latest drivers using firewire

I have a problem that on some midi clips I see the Automation/Modulation toggle in the Automation tab of the clip, but on other clips they don't appear.

Is there a setting I am not aware of or a clip property governing it? I have searched the manual but can't find anything on it.

Thanks

erols

Re: Automation/Modulation toggle in clip view not appearing in some clips (Live 11)

Post by erols » Wed Jul 14, 2021 10:16 pm

The instruments on the tracks that don't work are the M4L Drum Synths. Looks like their parameters cannot be automated or modulated. If I click on an effect in the same track the toggle becomes available.

pottering

Re: Automation/Modulation toggle in clip view not appearing in some clips (Live 11)

Post by pottering » Thu Jul 15, 2021 1:08 am

Yeah, those drum instruments don't have modulation (hence no toggle, since there is only automation).

You can actually open them, unfreeze (blue snowflake icon in bottom left), select a knob, open inspector (ctrl+I) and see Modulation Mode is set to "None" in those knobs. Then you could set a Modulation mode and save the edit as a new .amxd device.
♥♥♥

erols

Post by erols » Thu Jul 15, 2021 8:17 am

Thanks. Will try tonight.