Global Stop button in Live 11 changes preset on Komplete Kontrol

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
taddein

Global Stop button in Live 11 changes preset on Komplete Kontrol

Post by taddein » Sun Jul 18, 2021 7:09 am

Hello,

I have been trying to figure out why this is happening. I have looked into the MIDI mapping but there is no mapping associated to the stop button changing presets within Komplete Kontrol. It only happens on this plug-in whether I load it from the instruments rack or a VST plug-in. I have opened other DAWs to see if this issue happens elsewhere but it only seems to happen on ableton live. I am using complete control MK1 S49 first generation.

[jur]
Site Admin

Re: Global Stop button in Live 11 changes preset on Komplete Kontrol

Post by [jur] » Sun Jul 18, 2021 9:57 am

Is it happening when you press stop with the mouse on Live's GUI, or from a midi controller and/or key mapping?
Ableton Forum Moderator

taddein

Post by taddein » Sun Jul 18, 2021 10:08 am

It is happening on both. Whether I click stop on the GUI with the mouse and when I press the stop button on my Komplete Kontrol s49 MK1 first generation :(

[jur]
Site Admin

Post by [jur] » Mon Jul 19, 2021 12:58 am

You're connecting the controller with its USB port or are you going with a midi cable + midi interface?
Are you using Live's built-in Control Surface script for it, or something else?
Ableton Forum Moderator

taddein

Post by taddein » Mon Jul 19, 2021 8:08 am

I am using the USB cable that came with the controller straight into a Mac mini usb-c port. I also have a scarlet 2i2 that is connected separately to the computer so I can get signal into my studio monitors.

The control surface for MK1 hasn’t yet been made available by Ableton itself but a user has made one that works for it that can be found and downloaded from another NI forum which you can find here https://www.native-instruments.com/foru ... 11.448839/. The user Jester has uploaded the file available to download and that’s how I got my keyboard working with Ableton. Could there be a mapping issue in it for Mac? Furthermore, that same user (who uses Windows) has also been trying to help me but he says that he cannot replicate the issue on his end.

Thanks again for your help :)

jestermgee

Post by jestermgee » Mon Jul 19, 2021 8:24 am

The official updated script is available from NI… Ableton don’t make the script. Use Google to find it. Also, answered your question on the NI forum so maybe look and try.

taddein

Post by taddein » Mon Jul 19, 2021 8:40 am

https://support.native-instruments.com/ ... s-MK1-Mac-

Is this the one you’re referring to? If so, I have downloaded it and set it up multiple times but it does not bring up the MK1 controller option but only the MK2 which does not make my keyboard work with LIVE. The one you uploaded which has been created by a user on the BETA portal is the one that brought up the MK1 on the list of options and that’s the one I’ve used ever since. Could there be an issue there?

jestermgee

Post by jestermgee » Mon Jul 19, 2021 12:50 pm

taddein wrote:
Mon Jul 19, 2021 8:40 am
https://support.native-instruments.com/ ... s-MK1-Mac-

Is this the one you’re referring to? If so, I have downloaded it and set it up multiple times but it does not bring up the MK1 controller option but only the MK2 which does not make my keyboard work with LIVE. The one you uploaded which has been created by a user on the BETA portal is the one that brought up the MK1 on the list of options and that’s the one I’ve used ever since. Could there be an issue there?
That's the one I'm using right now... only windows not mac, but same exact script

taddein

Post by taddein » Mon Jul 19, 2021 11:29 pm

This is so sad :x