Audio freaking Up

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
aklisiewicz

Audio freaking Up

Post by aklisiewicz » Fri Jul 23, 2021 4:34 am

This happening to me 3rd time in 2 months. Suddenly I cannot play the project anymore. When I open it and click PLAY it goes to 300% on CPU. It doesn't matter what track is selected or Solo'ed. Even with 1 audio track set to SOLO the audio crashed (another words - terrible cracking/noise etc).
I noticed at times I can start playing and then at certain place on the timeline it goes crazy (even if there is no midi notes playing from the track, just audio).
I wonder if anybody experienced such behavior ?

I use BEHRINGER UMC-404/Win10-Pro on pretty powerful machine. I do not have this problem with all projects. If I'm not mistaken, only one (or two) so far, but I cannot trace what could be causing it. All midi hardware shut off. Even if I stop playing, the CPU shows 260% or so....

https://ibb.co/symGQPF

Art
"You are what you think you are"
Sadarahu

.marc.

Re: Audio freaking Up

Post by .marc. » Fri Jul 23, 2021 12:28 pm

Try to set sample rate to 44100 Hz and the buffer size to 512. maybe it will help

miyaru

Re: Audio freaking Up

Post by miyaru » Fri Jul 23, 2021 4:27 pm

As soon as the problems occur, try to find out which plugins are running, maybe one of them gives you the hassle. Try to close one by one until the problem is solved, then you know what is going on........
Greetings from Miyaru.
Prodaw i7-7700, 16Gb Ram, Focusrite Scarlett 18i20 3rd gen, ESI M4U eX, Reason 12, Live Suit 10, Push2, Presonus Eris E8 and Monitor Station V2, Lexicon MPX1,
Korg N1, Yamaha RM1x :mrgreen: