Nanokontrol2 Scene Lighting

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
nelpixx

Nanokontrol2 Scene Lighting

Post by nelpixx » Sat Jul 24, 2021 8:38 am

Hi, I am having trouble with my Nanokontrol 2 when I tried to map it to a master scene the button on nanokontrol2 doesn't light up.
Lights works on clips, but not on master scene

yur2die4

Re: Nanokontrol2 Scene Lighting

Post by yur2die4 » Sat Jul 24, 2021 3:34 pm

My guess is this is due to the behavior of clips vs a scene trigger. Though I do see the value and see why it could be expected to work the way you imagine.

Master scene triggers are a trigger of all clips in a row, but do not demand exclusive playback of that row. It’s a quick retrigger, it doesn’t retrigger over and over again, and after that trigger is sent, that master trigger is no longer ‘playing’, it has no contents.

Clips on the other hand are playing back once they’re triggered.

If you want a scene kind of illumination, you’d probably have to do a workaround. Two ideas.

1. Make a channel and fill it with empty clips. Assign those clips each by scene to the Same button as the ones for launching scene. This might not be perfect because if you have follow actions or anything it wouldn’t really reflect those.

2. Instead of triggering scenes with the master channel, group everything and trigger scenes from the group. This sounds easy and tempting, but also messy. I don’t know about you, but for me, moving channels around into a group makes me a little nervous haha.

nelpixx

Re: Nanokontrol2 Scene Lighting

Post by nelpixx » Sun Jul 25, 2021 8:37 am

Thanks for reply, The first option you said is the one I am using right now, the reason why I wanted to use the master instead of clips is that the master can change the tempo when it is triggered, if clips can do that it would be amazing, but unfortunately my nanokontrol2 doesnt light up when it triggers the master scene.

If lights does not work on master scene, Is there a script or work around that I can change the tempo in instant when its trigger other than master scene?