[Solved] Alkman's Euclidean Sequencer Pro ...

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
xuoham

[Solved] Alkman's Euclidean Sequencer Pro ...

Post by xuoham » Tue Jul 27, 2021 2:37 pm

... is very nice until the "euclidean out" module comes into the game : i just can't get it to work again when opening a saved set.

If i click on "midi through" the midi data is correctly sent, but otherwise, even though the track and instance are remembered, no midi is transmitted to the track's instrument.

It works with M4L instruments but not with Live's instruments like Collision etc ... It works with VST3 Surge but not with VST3 Cherry Audio PS-20 or Madrona Aalto.
Weird ....

It still works like the previous version, that is, with "midi through" and without splitting A B C D to individual tracks, but this is a bit annoying.

Anyone successful ?

Thanks

xuoham

Re: [Solved] Alkman's Euclidean Sequencer Pro ...

Post by xuoham » Tue Aug 03, 2021 4:04 am

Problem 95% solved, though it is mysterious.

If anyone has this problem :

all the tests i made were with the sequencer active (unfolded state) ;

upon opening a test set and as usual having no midi data pass through the Euclidean Out, i collapsed the sequencer by chance and BAM!, the
data passed through, even after re-unfloding the sequencer.

So,

basically it works, but if you open a set and have this problem, just collapsing and un-collapsing the sequencer solves the problem.

-andrew-

Re: [Solved] Alkman's Euclidean Sequencer Pro ...

Post by -andrew- » Mon Jul 17, 2023 6:30 pm

Hi - was just searching for info about Euclidean Sequencer Pro / alkman and am not finding much.

Is it still supported? I can't find contact info for alkman as I had a few questions (I'm still new to Ableton so these might be easy ones):

Can playback be recorded to MIDI?

Can the Key be controlled / changed during playback somehow?

Can ESP trigger clips, or other components?

thanks