exporting Master is NOT including Return tracks (reverb and delay)

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
hot_potato

exporting Master is NOT including Return tracks (reverb and delay)

Post by hot_potato » Tue Aug 03, 2021 8:31 am

Hey everyone,

I'm a beginner and this might be a noob question/scenario.

I've been trying to export a simple beat I made and based on what I've read, exporting the MASTER will export also the return tracks -- it has not been working this way on my end.

I have a kick that sends into a delay return track and a snare and other instruments that sends into reverb return track and when I export all the tracks as Master, I can clearly hear that the delay was not included in the kick(so i assume the reverb isn't exporting on any instrument either). Then, I tried to export them as "individual tracks" (the export didnt include the delay OR reverb even when i clicked ON on the option to do so) AND as "selected tracks only" and the delays have not been exporting either, even when i click ON to include return and master tracks.

it seems as though I can't export the delay or reverb return track no matter what I do.... can someone please help??

Info: I'm still on ableton live 10 (10.1.40) LITE as I feel a little hesitant to upgrade to 11 as of the moment, laptop is windows 4 gb ddr 4 memory, 1TB HD, 2 GB dedicated ram