Help on Ableton Packs

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
jonel

Help on Ableton Packs

Post by jonel » Wed Aug 04, 2021 11:11 am

I've been using Ableton for some time and have often used the devices provided by Ableton Packs. But I find that when I want to learn more about the devices within the pack I don't very far. Some packs will tell you, in the Pack Lesson, what's in the in them with regard to sounds and others tell you almost nothing at all.

For example, the Guitar and Bass Pack contains some great guitar sounds and, with the device loaded, I can see the the midi and its control notes. I want to create my own sounds with the use of Midi and Control but there is just no information to be had.

I am a RealGuitar and RealStrat user and I'm used to have a wide range of control over the instrument sound. Is there any way I can get more information that is available from the Packs?

[jur]
Site Admin

Re: Help on Ableton Packs

Post by [jur] » Wed Aug 04, 2021 2:56 pm

Which info do you need regarding this Pack?
If you need more control, you need to dig in the rack(s) and edit parameters, add/remove devices and so on on your own.
Ableton Forum Moderator

jonel

Re: Help on Ableton Packs

Post by jonel » Wed Aug 04, 2021 10:19 pm

Well, this particular device appears as if there are a set of key inputs for control and a separate set of keys for notes/chords. I just wanted wanted to know what these controls were. But, as you say, it looks like I will have to look in to the rack to discover this for myself.

Thanks for the reply.