audio routing reset issue

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
MeridianKoi

audio routing reset issue

Post by MeridianKoi » Thu Aug 19, 2021 11:36 pm

Hello! This is my first post on the forum and I'm really hoping someone can help me out here because I am absolutely baffled on this one. Recently I have been putting together my own detailed rendition of the way madeon DJs in ableton witch includes saving clip groups of tracks that can be loaded into the "decks" and played with follow actions. The problem I am running into is that whenever I drag one of these clip groups into the audio channel I wanna use or use my macros to load the clip group the audio routing to my FX groups completely resets itself to the group the audio track is in. I would think the clips would have that routing info saved or something or the track wouldn't think it is a new one when clips are loaded into it.

To paraphrase, I have two "decks" in ableton each one grouped into it's own group with the audio routing going from the audio track, bypassing the group and going straight to my FX groups. When I load a clip group into that grouped audio track it completely resets my audio routings to default. IS their a way around this or to prevent this?