Waves plug-ins (V12.7) not working in Ableton Live 10... anyone experiencing similar/have any help?

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
catlinjd

Waves plug-ins (V12.7) not working in Ableton Live 10... anyone experiencing similar/have any help?

Post by catlinjd » Wed Sep 08, 2021 12:45 am

A few weeks ago I opened Live 10 like any other day, started a new track and upon attempting to open an instance of one of my waves plug-ins I was greeted with the following error:

"Failed to create the VST3 plug-in "---"
The VST3 plug-in could not be opened"

Everything was up to date (Live 10 Standard 10.1.40, Waves plug-ins V12.7, Waves Central 12.0.20) and had been working perfectly together since I first purchased them.

After reading up on the Waves and Ableton websites and many a forum posts, I first started by running all of the Waves Central maintenance options for a possible quick fix- to no avail. Going a bit further I then uninstalled all of the plug-in's and waves central, removed the Waves-Shell VST3 file, and deleted the Waves program files and opted for a fresh install... No luck there either.

What follows is (roughly) all of the things I've tried in the last few weeks to get these plug-in's to work in live- spoiler alert, I fail :( ..... :

-Disabled my VPN as per Waves Website: "We strongly advise that you remove, disable, or turn off all VPN software before launching Waves Central." then re-started and re-installed plug-ins
-Rolled back Waves plug-in's to V12.0 (and then V11.0.7)
-Rolled back Live to 10.0.6, tried opening V12.7, V12.0, and V11.0.7 VST3 plug-in's
-Ran all of the Waves Central maintenance options (probably a dozen times) in between the above steps
-Also tried opening the VST (.dll) versions as well at the same time although they are not "Officially" supported by Live but had previously worked for me.

I'm sure I'm missing a few minor things here or there that were tried, but short of completely wiping and resetting my computer and repeating everything, or contacting waves support (which from what I've read seems would be equally as unsatisfying), I feel I've tried everything. If anyone has had a similar experience and can help to shed some light on this situation, I will be forever grateful.

Jimjoe

Re: Waves plug-ins (V12.7) not working in Ableton Live 10... anyone experiencing similar/have any help?

Post by Jimjoe » Wed Oct 06, 2021 4:57 pm

I am in the same boat, tried everything. Was using V10 plugins and it just stopped opening in my VST folder. Still shows in my plugin folder within Live but will not open. Even shows the spinning W attempting to communicate with Waves after double clicking. Tried VST2 and 3. Updated to Waves V12 and still no luck.

Jimjoe

Re: Waves plug-ins (V12.7) not working in Ableton Live 10... anyone experiencing similar/have any help?

Post by Jimjoe » Thu Oct 07, 2021 8:57 pm

catlinjd wrote:
Wed Sep 08, 2021 12:45 am
A few weeks ago I opened Live 10 like any other day, started a new track and upon attempting to open an instance of one of my waves plug-ins I was greeted with the following error:

"Failed to create the VST3 plug-in "---"
The VST3 plug-in could not be opened"

Everything was up to date (Live 10 Standard 10.1.40, Waves plug-ins V12.7, Waves Central 12.0.20) and had been working perfectly together since I first purchased them.

After reading up on the Waves and Ableton websites and many a forum posts, I first started by running all of the Waves Central maintenance options for a possible quick fix- to no avail. Going a bit further I then uninstalled all of the plug-in's and waves central, removed the Waves-Shell VST3 file, and deleted the Waves program files and opted for a fresh install... No luck there either.

What follows is (roughly) all of the things I've tried in the last few weeks to get these plug-in's to work in live- spoiler alert, I fail :( ..... :

-Disabled my VPN as per Waves Website: "We strongly advise that you remove, disable, or turn off all VPN software before launching Waves Central." then re-started and re-installed plug-ins
-Rolled back Waves plug-in's to V12.0 (and then V11.0.7)
-Rolled back Live to 10.0.6, tried opening V12.7, V12.0, and V11.0.7 VST3 plug-in's
-Ran all of the Waves Central maintenance options (probably a dozen times) in between the above steps
-Also tried opening the VST (.dll) versions as well at the same time although they are not "Officially" supported by Live but had previously worked for me.

I'm sure I'm missing a few minor things here or there that were tried, but short of completely wiping and resetting my computer and repeating everything, or contacting waves support (which from what I've read seems would be equally as unsatisfying), I feel I've tried everything. If anyone has had a similar experience and can help to shed some light on this situation, I will be forever grateful.
I was able to resolve this issue, uncertain if you are on MAC or PC but on Windows 10 I went into my Control Panel, opened programs, and repaired most all of my Windows Visual C++ Redist. Requires a restart. Found this solution on a Waves forum page. Hope it helps.