Exported wav has no sound

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
Olivenbaum2013

Exported wav has no sound

Post by Olivenbaum2013 » Sat Sep 18, 2021 7:49 pm

Hello,

I'm sure, I oversee something very simple.
In the picture below you can see: I have one track for recorded audio and the other for imported wave.

Now, I click the little bar in the arrangement view to select all the bars I need (in my case up to bar 34).
Then I click on 'file', there on 'export audio'.

There I choose 'Master' to create one stereo mp3 out of all selected tracks (in my case 2 tracks).
Type of file is 'wav'.

It creates a 14,7mb wav file. But it's pure silence.

Instead, when I choose a 'special track', 1 or 2, then it creates wav files with sound.

What do I do wrong.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1IHBKUU ... sp=sharing

Set Me Free

Re: Exported wav has no sound

Post by Set Me Free » Sat Sep 18, 2021 11:38 pm

Next to your "Master Channel" at the bottom right corner, do you see that drop-down box that says "1" next to it? Try changing that to a stereo output and see if that works. It will say 1/2 instead. You can check your outputs if you go to Preferences > Audio > Output Config. I usually have all the mono outputs turned off to reduce CPU load.

I figured it out. On your "Radiohead" channel, where it says "master" on the drop-down menu, change that to "Ext. In". Then change the drop-down menu that says "Ext. Out" to "Master". That's what is wrong.

Turn off Encode MP3 if you don't absolutely need an mp3 every time you bounce something.

Should look like this:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1b5aF_E ... sp=sharing

Olivenbaum2013

Re: Exported wav has no sound

Post by Olivenbaum2013 » Sun Sep 19, 2021 10:42 am

Set Me Free wrote:
Sat Sep 18, 2021 11:38 pm
I figured it out. On your "Radiohead" channel, where it says "master" on the drop-down menu, change that to "Ext. In". Then change the drop-down menu that says "Ext. Out" to "Master". That's what is wrong.
It seemed to be the second point 'Ext. Out" to "Master".
What is this fourth line about?