Capture Midi records all paramaters?

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
ham3id

Capture Midi records all paramaters?

Post by ham3id » Sun Sep 19, 2021 7:31 pm

Hi,

Ive been struggling with capture midi so I ask away.
I have a Nord lead A1 connected to my pc via USB and when I jam looking for the right idea i like to use
capture midi but it seems that it records all the parameters even changing sounds because when I use a clip from
capture midi I cant change the sound every time I stop and play the sound on my keyboard changes.
I cleared all the parameters in the envelopes in ableton but still the preset on my keyboard changes.

When i use the same clip and change the filter and some knobs on my keyboard evertime I stop and play the parameters
gets back to the origin....

How to solve this?

[jur]
Site Admin

Re: Capture Midi records all paramaters?

Post by [jur] » Sun Sep 19, 2021 8:55 pm

Do you use program changes from your Nord "when" capturing midi?
Ableton Forum Moderator

ham3id

Post by ham3id » Tue Sep 21, 2021 7:04 pm

[jur] wrote:
Sun Sep 19, 2021 8:55 pm
Do you use program changes from your Nord "when" capturing midi?
what do you mean exactly because there is no starting point to capturing midi i just jam and do all kind of knobs twists and programm changes.

or you do you mean lets say the last 4 bars of capturing midi before i stop playing and click the capture midi button if i changed the programm while playing?

Im not sure but if yes is it a normal behaviour to capure every midi paramater instead of just the notes?

[jur]
Site Admin

Post by [jur] » Tue Sep 21, 2021 9:02 pm

ham3id wrote:
Tue Sep 21, 2021 7:04 pm
do you mean lets say the last 4 bars of capturing midi before i stop playing and click the capture midi button if i changed the programm while playing?
yes
Ableton Forum Moderator

ham3id

Post by ham3id » Tue Sep 21, 2021 9:49 pm

[jur] wrote:
Tue Sep 21, 2021 9:02 pm
ham3id wrote:
Tue Sep 21, 2021 7:04 pm
do you mean lets say the last 4 bars of capturing midi before i stop playing and click the capture midi button if i changed the programm while playing?
yes
Im not sure but even if yes why does capturing midi records all the parameters ? that would the purpose of capturing midi for me
because I use it for capturing the idea for tuning it later so I need raw midi notes without a lot of other midi parameters I don't need and can't get rid of....like changing the keyboard program parameter.

[jur]
Site Admin

Post by [jur] » Tue Sep 21, 2021 11:11 pm

Well, it captures midi...
Ableton Forum Moderator

yur2die4

Post by yur2die4 » Wed Sep 22, 2021 3:28 am

I think the question was asked so that we have a better idea of how to remedy your situation.

Clips can have a Program Change assigned to them. Unless anything has changed since the launch of 11, the good news is that Program Change is only one PC per clip. So when you capture a clip, you can just look at what the Program Change settings are for that clip and possibly remove the problem.

ham3id

Post by ham3id » Fri Sep 24, 2021 11:14 pm

yur2die4 wrote:
Wed Sep 22, 2021 3:28 am
I think the question was asked so that we have a better idea of how to remedy your situation.

Clips can have a Program Change assigned to them. Unless anything has changed since the launch of 11, the good news is that Program Change is only one PC per clip. So when you capture a clip, you can just look at what the Program Change settings are for that clip and possibly remove the problem.
i removed every parameter but the program change still occured.....

[jur]
Site Admin

Post by [jur] » Sun Oct 03, 2021 3:02 pm

Could you share your midi clip (via dropbox or something like that) so we can have a look at it?
Ableton Forum Moderator