Crackle Noise when stop the audio

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
tuchelionut

Crackle Noise when stop the audio

Post by tuchelionut » Wed Oct 13, 2021 10:58 am

Hello everybody,

Every time I stop the audio with spacebar or another controller stop button, I get a crackeling noise out of the speakers (either it s laptop or monitors). This occurs when I add a third party plug-in such as Diva,Serum, Shaperbox, Waves (all licensed).
If I add diva on a new channel for ex. and create a midi melody, if I play and pause I get this crackle noise. It is like the waveform cycle is not completed when I stop the audio. For other 3rd party plug-ins such as Fabfilter I do not get that noise.
If I freeze the channel, the crackle stops.
I have reinstalled Ableton, the crackle noise stopped. After a computer restart, the crackle was back.

And yes, I've been through all of Ableton's troubleshooting steps regarding noise or crackeling sounds. It is not from buffer because this happens also if it is only one track with a VST armed, so the CPU is not getting over 2-3%.

For example I have a kick sample, I put only Shaperbox on the channel. After I just activate the Shaperbox plug-in (without any audio effects in it, just turn it on), I press play and if I stop the audio, it crackles.

---The question is how do I get rid of that annoying crackle noise when I pause the audio----

Thank you,
Ionut

Configuration:
Live 11 Macbook Pro 2019/ i9 - 8 core 2,3 GHz/ 16 RAM / 1 TB SSD Catalina 10.15
SSL 2+
Adam Audio A8X

Kahuun

Re: Crackle Noise when stop the audio

Post by Kahuun » Sun Jul 24, 2022 9:10 am

I have the same issue.

Live 11.1.6
Macbook pro
Apple M1 Pro

Still no response or fix on this issue since oct 2021?