M-Audio Oxygen Pro 49 Pad assignment

Discuss Live-ready controllers other than Push.
craigc

M-Audio Oxygen Pro 49 Pad assignment

Post by craigc » Fri Oct 15, 2021 7:36 pm

Howdy,

I recently purchased an Oxygen Pro 49 in hopes of using the finger drum pads as a control surface for Ableton drum instrument notes (in addition to the keyboard control). The issue I'm having is that the pads default to control session clip launching and I can't figure out how to reassign the pad controls to note/drum control.

I have a novation launchpad and it's super easy to switch between them as the there is a session button and a Note button to toggle between the control choice.

Anyone know how to switch the pad control on the Oxygen to note control (I'm using Live 11)? Thanks!

pottering

Re: M-Audio Oxygen Pro 49 Pad assignment

Post by pottering » Sat Oct 16, 2021 3:44 am

Its manual should tell you how, just like Launchpad's manual teaches you its user modes.

If it doesn't have something like user modes then you probably have to deselect the script in the preferences to use it as a normal MIDI controller.
♥♥♥

andreasmb

Post by andreasmb » Tue Oct 26, 2021 6:12 am

I have the same issue as craigc. There is some info in the manual about using the pads for DAW shortcuts, but I don't see anything about just using the pads as normal drum pads. There's a section on "custom mappings", but it seems like this should be out of the box functionality, not something very custom. Perhaps I'm misunderstanding what pads are normally used for. I'd think drums would be the most common.

marcvb

Post by marcvb » Tue Oct 26, 2021 6:41 pm

Just switch to preset mode.

andreasmb

Post by andreasmb » Wed Oct 27, 2021 12:19 am

Thanks @marcvb! That was the right call.

For anyone wondering – "preset" is the button next to the "DAW" button at the middle top of the device.

craigc

Post by craigc » Wed Oct 27, 2021 10:08 pm

ahh, yes thank you!. Yeah the manual lacks any specifics at all and I wasn't able to find much online.

FinnishIron

Post by FinnishIron » Mon Feb 14, 2022 8:16 pm

I do have the same problem....
When I am in the preset mode and set drums to the pads in a new Midi channel, the pads want to play all the other Midi files also?

Could you help me out?

Thanks

jackzun

Post by jackzun » Thu Nov 10, 2022 5:30 am

andreasmb wrote:
Wed Oct 27, 2021 12:19 am
Thanks @marcvb! That was the right call.

For anyone wondering – "preset" is the button next to the "DAW" button at the middle top of the device.
Preset mode solves the issue with wanting to use the pads as notes, but then I lose the volume control functionality from the 9 faders. Is there a way to maintain the fader functionality without custom mapping?

On a related note, with the ableton preset, the channel controls (rec, select, mute, solo) don't all work - select seems to be the only one I can use. I was hoping for the same functionality with toggling the channel controls as the launchpad and it seems like it should work given them explicitly called out on the Oxygen Pro.

Thanks!

InuSan

Post by InuSan » Tue Nov 15, 2022 2:43 pm

Have you tried switching on note repeat on lowest time div (1/4)? (Lowest time div so that pads dont repeat while finger drumming)
ps. Im using oxygen pro mini and it works on mine when using daw mode