Slave machine goes out of sync

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
yossi

Slave machine goes out of sync

Post by yossi » Sat Oct 16, 2021 12:23 pm

Hello guys
so I'm having a hard time figuring out what can be the reason for my slave Ableton machine to go out of sync at some point.
I'm running two Ableton live 10 machines running the same exact project, one to be the master and the other to be the slave.
They both connected together via a MIDI network and everything is working as it should.
I can jump around back and forwards and everything is perfectly in sync, so far so good.
Until I press the locator located in bar 1042 time 32:48 mints.
As I press this locator the two machines go out of sync.
the Master Computer plays the correct song at the correct time and the slave Computer jumps back to the start of the project bar 1.1.1.

Is it possible that there is a bar/Time limitation to the slave computer? And because of it, it goes back to the start to point 1.1.1?
It is worth a mention it that if I do nothing and let the music pass the locator they still both aligned perfectly together
It only happens when I press this locator and those that are placed after it

Does anyone have any idea how to solve this?
Thank you
YOSSI MOR MUSIC

yossi

Re: Slave machine goes out of sync

Post by yossi » Sat Oct 16, 2021 2:20 pm

ok, it turns out that the Slave machine can't continue to follow the master machine after bar 1024.
it means that bar 1025 on the master machine is equivalent to bar 1 on the slave machine.
I tested that on a blank project with 120bpm0

why is that so? and is there a way to fix this?
YOSSI MOR MUSIC