Ableton Live 10 Suite V10.1.41 Instruments, Audio Effects, Midi Effects , ALL MISSING and not loading in the browser.

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
LexXxus

Ableton Live 10 Suite V10.1.41 Instruments, Audio Effects, Midi Effects , ALL MISSING and not loading in the browser.

Post by LexXxus » Sat Oct 16, 2021 8:25 pm

Good Day/Evening.

To all,

I hope IF someone has had this problem and can suggest a clear, detailed fix for this.
My issues is as follows.

1: Instruments, Audio Effects, Midi Effects , ALL MISSING and not loading in the browser.

Symptoms:

1: You can see in the browser they auto load/show Into a previous project's track but not into the browser,
When I open a new project, they still are not listed in the browser at all, non of them I have listed as missing.
2: I can Paste an effect from one previous project to a new project no problem. Strange :|

Tried Fixes:
1: I have just tried to do a database reset and nothing changed. :-(
2: I have renamed my preferences config file and rebooted,..... No change.
3: I have also went to change the location of the user library but in the end
when asked to move I chose no, then changed the location back to the original location and selected yes.
No change.......

I understand the state of the world currently so that's why I have copied this
support question to the forums and will post the solution when found.

Damn this sucks.
:-(

Suggestion:
I wish Devs could incorporate a repair tool into the install file so we can choose to preserve and repair our
installation automatically as we are not allowed to reinstall into the same directory file location with some pre-capture option.

As always, any advice is greatly appreciated.
Respect.

*L

Ableton Version: Ableton Live 10 Suite 10.1.41

PC Specs:
Processor Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-9700K CPU @ 3.60GHz 3.60 GHz
Installed RAM 32.0 GB
System type 64-bit operating system, x64-based processor

Windows Specs:
Edition Windows 10 Pro
Version 21H1
Installed on ‎2020-‎09-‎24
OS build 19043.1288
Experience Windows Feature Experience Pack 120.2212.3920.0

LexXxus

Re: Ableton Live 10 Suite V10.1.41 Instruments, Audio Effects, Midi Effects , ALL MISSING and not loading in the browser

Post by LexXxus » Sun Oct 24, 2021 4:48 am

FYI<
It's now been 10 days with no resolution from them.........

Ableton did reply with a general "I didn't read your ticket in your ticket entirely" reply.
Pointing out to general fixes for a similar problem that kinda has to do with this and not even
pointing to fixes that others have tried that did work for them,....

Not impressed.