Plugin will not record

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
DhanoSuzuki

Plugin will not record

Post by DhanoSuzuki » Sat Oct 16, 2021 10:21 pm

I am using the Boom plugin by AIR Music Technology.

The plugin is a drum sequencer. Punch in your sequence in the plugin window, push play, and it plays.

In Ableton, it shows that the audio is coming through the track, but it does not record.

I did some searching, and this came closest to answering my question:
viewtopic.php?t=240278

Now, I can use my keyboard to trigger the sequencer, and when its triggered this way the track will record the audio.

However, the sequence will only play and record for as long as I am holding down the key. Which is....less than ideal.

1. Ideally, I would love if the track would just record the audio when I start the sequencer. This should be simple enough, yeah?

2. It's fine if I need to trigger the plugin sequencer by using my keyboard. But how do I get it where a single button press triggers the sequencer on or off? Having to manually hold down the button for as long as I want it to record just isn't going to work.

Arthur Montvidas

Re: Plugin will not record

Post by Arthur Montvidas » Tue Oct 19, 2021 3:52 pm

Create new Audio track. Route output ("Audio To") of your midi track with this plugin to new Audio track. Then ARM this audio track and push Record.

DhanoSuzuki

Re: Plugin will not record

Post by DhanoSuzuki » Mon Oct 25, 2021 10:33 pm

Arthur Montvidas wrote:
Tue Oct 19, 2021 3:52 pm
Create new Audio track. Route output ("Audio To") of your midi track with this plugin to new Audio track. Then ARM this audio track and push Record.
Thank you, I'll try this tonight and let you know if it worked