Komplete Kontrol keyboard

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
aklisiewicz

Komplete Kontrol keyboard

Post by aklisiewicz » Sun Oct 17, 2021 4:25 pm

I have a problem with my KK keyboard, which somehow got reprogrammed. My (I think) D3 key - instead of playing the sound, activates LOOP in Live11.
I tried to use the editor, but there is no Factory Reset of any kind to clear all the settings. I do not use any templates for the keyboard.
As a matter of fact I am not sure where this setting is stored (in the keyboard RAM or in Live template). I accidentally saved Live default template with some modes overriding factory template,. I tried to find a single factory template files for Ableton but no success.

The wired thing is that when I open blank Project the keyboard seems doing nothing. The moment I load ANY instrument on the track (that is Live instrument of KK-VST) the D5 key gets immediately reprogrammed. When this happens this key obviously makes no sound and instead turns the LOOP icon ON.

Any help appreciated.
"You are what you think you are"
Sadarahu

aklisiewicz

Re: Komplete Kontrol keyboard

Post by aklisiewicz » Sun Oct 17, 2021 4:36 pm

UDATE:

I just tried the keyboard directly with stand alone KK-Program and it works perfectly fine. No dead keys and D4 works OK. IT has to be something in Live11, but still cannot figure out what.
"You are what you think you are"
Sadarahu

dylandigits

Post by dylandigits » Sun Oct 17, 2021 6:13 pm

i googled "d5 note midi loop ableton" and the first result was a short reddit thread where the solution was to check ableton preferences and see if that is control is set in control surface mapping. from what i could see in the results of my search you aren't alone when it comes to komplete kontrol activating the loop function, and that's the solution as best as i've seen it. good luck.

Mark Williams

Post by Mark Williams » Sun Oct 17, 2021 7:46 pm

You have midi mapped it..
Live 11, M1 Mac Mini, Push 2, Scarlett 18i20 & ADA8200, Softube Console 1 Mk2, Deepmind12, Hydrasynth, Cobalt 8M, Moog Subsequent 25, IK Uno Synth Pro, Plethora X3, Nord Drum 3P

jestermgee

Post by jestermgee » Sun Oct 17, 2021 11:45 pm

Mark Williams wrote:
Sun Oct 17, 2021 7:46 pm
You have midi mapped it..
Would be my obvious guess too...

cskracer

Post by cskracer » Tue Oct 19, 2021 7:03 am

Had the same problem at one point. Can't remember what it was that I did to fix it though. Just thought I'd pipe up and let you know other people have run into the same issue. It's not a MIDI mapping issue. I never use MIDI mapping and I had the same problem.