Mapping MIDI messages to transport buttons - only works every other time i hit the switch (Nektar Pacer)

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
CancerRidden

Mapping MIDI messages to transport buttons - only works every other time i hit the switch (Nektar Pacer)

Post by CancerRidden » Sun Oct 17, 2021 10:11 pm

Ive got some transport buttons (play and stop) mapped to a midi footswitch.

The MIDI is set to send a Toggle message of 127 and 0. When I hit it the first time it sends 127, when i hit it again it sends 0.

This causes the Ableton mapping to only work every other time I hit the footswitch. Because the second time I send the message its a 0.

However, if I switch the MIDI message to send 127 both times, then the mapping doesn't work at all.

I'm pretty sure momentary/trigger is not the right option because then it sends the message twice, once when I hit the switch, and then again when I release.

My midi footswitch is a nektar pacer.

Help!

Arthur Montvidas

Re: Mapping MIDI messages to transport buttons - only works every other time i hit the switch (Nektar Pacer)

Post by Arthur Montvidas » Tue Oct 19, 2021 3:37 pm

According to the manual there is a preset wich send midi notes, so you can map them to ableton.

Preset name "A5", Type "MIDI Notes" - Send out MIDI notes E/F#/G/A/B/C, FS1=-1 octave, FS2=-2 octaves, FS3=+1 octave, FS4=+2 octaves.

If you want to get maximum of your device see Clyph X Pro remote script. https://isotonikstudios.com/product/clyphx-pro/
With this script you can control almost everything in Live and no need to manually mapping on every new project.