Can Ableton do this with loops?

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
Schmidi

Can Ableton do this with loops?

Post by Schmidi » Mon Oct 18, 2021 3:25 am

I haven't used Ableton since V9, so I can't remember if this is possible or not.

I was hoping to mimic a plug called Syncplay by Rastsound. Basically, six loop lanes, all warped to the same tempo, with a common play head/timeline. You then launch/sound off sections of the loop by playing the key they are assigned to. See link @ 1:52

https://youtu.be/frbTa6LLMzo

I think this is similar to clip legato play, but could you mimic the common play head without being an M4L guru?

chapelier fou

Re: Can Ableton do this with loops?

Post by chapelier fou » Mon Oct 18, 2021 5:47 am

Six Simplers in warp mode stacked in an instrument rack, and map their respective solo buttons to midi notes ?
I didn’t try, though. Just a blind guess.
Otherwise, with a little help of m4l, easily doable in many ways.
MacBook Pro 13" Retina i7 2.8 GHz OS 10.13, L10.0.1, M4L.
MacStudio M1Max 32Go OS 12.3.1

pottering

Post by pottering » Mon Oct 18, 2021 7:00 am

Can use a rack with 6 or more Envelope MIDI (or Expression Control) instances modulating Track's or Utility's gain like gates, in 6 or more Tracks that are just looping an Audio Clip. Could even use Arrangement with Loop Switch enabled.

EDIT: Just saw the same question on reddit and someone there suggested a way simpler way, just MIDI/Key assigning the mute buttons... LOL, so much simpler. You can map the gain faders too, just may need adjusting the max from +6 to 0.
♥♥♥

[jur]
Site Admin

Post by [jur] » Mon Oct 18, 2021 10:34 am

pottering wrote:
Mon Oct 18, 2021 7:00 am
just MIDI/Key assigning the mute buttons...
That's I was coming to say after watching the video.
There's for sure a few other options, but that's probably the most quick and easy.
Ableton Forum Moderator