Saving default set not under User Libraty

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
CrazyManMichael

Saving default set not under User Libraty

Post by CrazyManMichael » Mon Oct 25, 2021 1:30 pm

Hi,

It seems that from Live 11 I cannot save the default set in a place (directory) different from .../User Library/Templates.

Is there a way to avoid that ? I already had a subdirectory in my Live Sets directory where I stored all of my templates and I'd like to keep this organisation, my templates being alongside my live sets.

Thanks in advance

pottering

Re: Saving default set not under User Libraty

Post by pottering » Mon Oct 25, 2021 8:11 pm

You should not save your a actual (non-template) Sets inside the User Library, it makes the Manage Project options nearly useless, since User Library is already a Project.
♥♥♥

CrazyManMichael

Post by CrazyManMichael » Tue Oct 26, 2021 5:48 am

Thank you for your reply but It looks like my explanations were unclear since it seems you understood my problem the other way round.

On this iMac, my Live Sets were (and still are) stored under ~/Documents/Live Sets, further organised in an tree-like structure, according to the music genres, release status, etc...

Up until now my templates (hence my default set) were stored alongside my sets in ~/Documents/Live Set/ZX - Defaults/00 - Templates .

My problem is that AFAICT presently Live 11 seems to force the templates (and the default set) to be stored in ~/Music/Ableton/User Library/Templates.

So my question is : how to tell Live to store my templates wherever I want and not in the User Library.

pottering

Post by pottering » Wed Oct 27, 2021 6:14 am

Just save a Set or Project as normal instead of using the Save Set as Template option? Templates have no difference from normal Sets AFAIK.

The Default Set always had a specific location that the user could not choose(*), in fact it is was a bit of pain in the a** to find it, if you were not already used to finding stuff in OS protected folders.

(*) https://help.ableton.com/hc/en-us/artic ... plate-Sets
♥♥♥