Unable to access dropdown tabs in some VSTs

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
coop711

Unable to access dropdown tabs in some VSTs

Post by coop711 » Tue Oct 26, 2021 8:36 am

I have recently run into an issue where I an unable to use the dropdown menu boxes in some plugins (Valhalla Space Modulator, Valhalla Supermassive and Bigkick). All of these plugins used to work fine and I can still use the arrow buttons in the plugins to cycle through presents but seemingly out of the blue the dropdown menus now don't do anything when I try click on them. I have tried reinstalling all of the effected plugins and I have done a fresh reinstall of Ableton but have had no luck fixing the issue. Also I have tried using the VST3 versions of the Valhalla plugins but am still left with the same issue.

I'm out of ideas about what has happened and how to fix this so if anyone has some insight that can help I would greatly appreciate it.

Update:
So it turns out some plugins dropdown menus don't show up if you are using a secondary monitor and you have Ableton opened on anything but the "main". I probably should have realised this was what was causing the issue earlier but hey since I cant delete this post I guess I will leave this here for anyone else that runs into this issue.

schlam

Re: Unable to access dropdown tabs in some VSTs

Post by schlam » Tue Oct 26, 2021 7:25 pm

It seems to be an issue related to one I had too, and I filled a bug report that has been confirmed.
Menu seems a bit weird in last version with secondary monitor. In my case it was too because I didn"r use live at 100% zoom (but 137% in my case).
Do you use too an non-100% zoom value ?