IZOTOPE NEUTRON 3 with ableton live

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
micksmuse

IZOTOPE NEUTRON 3 with ableton live

Post by micksmuse » Wed Oct 27, 2021 6:25 pm

hi, i am using live 9 in 64 bit format
so i recently got tonal suite with neutron 3 advanced and want to use it for mixing. on instruction vid's on youtube it states download stems to a ableton mix and put relay on each track. it states use audio stems in the video but if i have several vst's (midi tracks) in my songs would they be used also and where do i find the stems. it states there is a template for most DAW's on izotopes site but can't seem to find that anywhere.
i am confused on do i start a new live set and then load stems from already recorded songs into it to work with neutron or can i add relay to each track on an already recorded song. anyone out there using izotope suite. thanks.

Shift Gorden

Re: IZOTOPE NEUTRON 3 with ableton live

Post by Shift Gorden » Wed Oct 27, 2021 7:05 pm

Hey mate,

Not sure if this helps as I'm using L11, but it seems to work perfectly for me.

1. Stick an instance of relay on each track in the mix. The tracks don't need to be audio stems. VSTs work fine.
2. Stick tonal shape control on the master bus.

Now, all tracks should feed into tonal shape control and you can adjust your mix accordingly to hit the suggested targets.

Maybe just experiment a bit?

micksmuse

Post by micksmuse » Wed Oct 27, 2021 7:17 pm

thanks so much. just wasn't sure if i had to import them into another set. i will have at it. much appreciated.

Shift Gorden

Post by Shift Gorden » Wed Oct 27, 2021 7:27 pm

You're welcome! Should be as simple as adding relay to all tracks and the tonal shape control the master bus and you're good to go! Good luck!

micksmuse

Post by micksmuse » Wed Oct 27, 2021 7:30 pm

while i have you, one last question. so if i have a ton of vocal tracks that are already balanced and have them grouped into a "group track" i would just put relay on the "group track" i assume.

Shift Gorden

Post by Shift Gorden » Thu Oct 28, 2021 9:46 pm

Yes, mate! I think that's perfectly appropriate mate. Bussing those tracks is a great idea.

micksmuse

Post by micksmuse » Thu Oct 28, 2021 11:28 pm

thanks for all your help. up and running smoothly. good luck with your recording.