Leave metronome on?

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
Piplodocus

Leave metronome on?

Post by Piplodocus » Wed Oct 27, 2021 8:48 pm

Since I re-did my setup a while back I always have the click coming out a separate track and can easily stick it on in any particular mix or mute it entirely via my interface mixer. But whether I save sets with it on or not, whenever I open Live it’s turned off in Live again. Any way to change this behaviour? It’s mildly annoying having to turn it on again every session.

jestermgee

Re: Leave metronome on?

Post by jestermgee » Wed Oct 27, 2021 10:31 pm

Yeah, pressing a single button is mildly annoying sometimes I guess.

Pretty sure it defaults to OFF when you launch Live (because most of us also find it mildly annoying to have to turn off the metronome when left on when saving)

An idea would be to instead use a Metronome Track instead and just add a clip for it, that way you can play it and have it always enabled to play on any project. Not sure you can change the default metronome behaviour

chapelier fou

Post by chapelier fou » Thu Oct 28, 2021 8:49 am

It’s annoying indeed. Can be solved with max for live though.
Or a custom click track as suggested .
MacBook Pro 13" Retina i7 2.8 GHz OS 10.13, L10.0.1, M4L.
MacStudio M1Max 32Go OS 12.3.1

Piplodocus

Post by Piplodocus » Sat Oct 30, 2021 12:25 pm

I guess I’ll just keep turning it on an off. The other solutions are a bigger pain. It’s not *that* annoying, I just wish it didn’t do it.

It somewhat makes sense as the "safest" option so people are less likely to embarrass themselves live, but I’d hoped it might be the kind of thing there might be some kinda metronome behaviour flag buried in the options.txt file or something.