Bugs in Audio Damage VST?

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
tintala

Bugs in Audio Damage VST?

Post by tintala » Wed Oct 27, 2021 10:09 pm

Has anyone else experienced a midi automation bug in Audio Damage DUBSTATION 2? For example, I try to move a parameter in the vst and the automation and or midi map wont map to the parameter or automation lane. I asked for support from Audio Damage but they dont have a clue.

jestermgee

Re: Bugs in Audio Damage VST?

Post by jestermgee » Wed Oct 27, 2021 10:27 pm

Doesn't sound like a "bug" more lack of Host Automation ability.

Not every parameter in a plugin is open for host automation which means it cannot be controlled from an external source. If you enable configure for the plugin parameters in Live and move the control and it does not map, there is no host automation enabled and nothing that can be done, the dev would need to program in this but in some cases it will not be possible or desirable.

If they do not have a clue of the issue, either they don't want to be bothered adding automation support or truly don't know how plugins work which the latter can easily be the case by small developers without much experience.

tintala

Re: Bugs in Audio Damage VST?

Post by tintala » Wed Oct 27, 2021 11:46 pm

Thanks for the response, the thing is, the versions before the updated plugin worked, all of the parameters could be automated and reflected in the instrument panel as well in Live. Also I'm not trying to automate an arbitrary parameter, these are HF and LF knobs that would've been automated in the previous versions. They are the main parameters.. The developer didnt respond to my support question, so I thought someone here might have crossed this issue. I guess the title could have been , " automation issues in Audio Damage vst".