Mic doesn´t want to give output to computer

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
Noob123467

Mic doesn´t want to give output to computer

Post by Noob123467 » Thu Oct 28, 2021 5:40 pm

So my problem is that i connected a mic with ableton, I set that the input is the mic and output is computer speaker. The when i recorded audio, I pressed "IN" and everything recorded, but when I wanted to listen the recording, nothing was playing, but the sound waves were there, so I knew that the audio existed. Then I set "OFF" on the mic and the recorded audio started to play from the microphone. So no computer audio when the mic is connected although I have set the output to be computer speaker. Any idea how to fix this?

Mark Williams

Re: Mic doesn´t want to give output to computer

Post by Mark Williams » Thu Oct 28, 2021 5:48 pm

You could at least provide basics!!
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=242485
- Provide some details about your computer system, audio interface, what version of Live you are using, what OS, etc.
Live 11, M1 Mac Mini, Push 2, Scarlett 18i20 & ADA8200, Softube Console 1 Mk2, Deepmind12, Hydrasynth, Cobalt 8M, Moog Subsequent 25, IK Uno Synth Pro, Plethora X3, Nord Drum 3P

grrrz

Re: Mic doesn´t want to give output to computer

Post by grrrz » Thu Oct 28, 2021 7:40 pm

Noob123467 wrote:
Thu Oct 28, 2021 5:40 pm
So my problem is that i connected a mic with ableton, I set that the input is the mic and output is computer speaker. The when i recorded audio, I pressed "IN" and everything recorded, but when I wanted to listen the recording, nothing was playing, but the sound waves were there, so I knew that the audio existed. Then I set "OFF" on the mic and the recorded audio started to play from the microphone. So no computer audio when the mic is connected although I have set the output to be computer speaker. Any idea how to fix this?
if your track is set to "in"; you're monitoring you're input wether you're recording or not; and even when you're playing back the audio. you have to set it to "auto" or "off" so it plays back the recording when you play back.