MIDI recording triggering change to synth settings...?

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
RokSivante

MIDI recording triggering change to synth settings...?

Post by RokSivante » Fri Nov 05, 2021 6:07 am

running a Korg Prologue 16 into Ableton. setup one channel for the MIDI so I can record it, signal feeding out to another track with the Prologue's sound...

have encountered the same issue a few times: I'll have the sound I want ready to go on the Prologue, except when I go to record the MIDI, it sends some sorta signal to the Prologue that totally changes up the sound. only way to get it back is to switch to another preset and then come back to the same saved one.

there's no MIDI data automated with the MIDI clip that gets recorded - which I sourced as one issue in some other cases, where it seems that some knob change recorded weird that resets the synth. but in this case, no knobs have been turned at all - just seems that Ableton must send some sort of MIDI signal when hitting record that messes something up on the synth, yet have no idea to figure out exactly what/where.

any ideas of how to find the source of this and/or fix?

UPDATE:

well, this turned out to be one of those cases where I figured out the solution immediately after posting...

was merely a matter of turning the "Monitor" setting on the MIDI channel from Auto to OFF.

that easy. ha!