Export Audio Events-Clips in Arrangement view

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
spanktron

Export Audio Events-Clips in Arrangement view

Post by spanktron » Mon Nov 08, 2021 7:56 am

Hello everyone.

Please don’t shoot me in case it’s a common knowledge for everyone except me but given after reading the manual I don’t quite understand.let’s say I have 10 Songs arranged in the timeline in 10 individual tracks.
I them work on them and at the end would like to export them. So far so good.
Is there a way of batch exporting only the audio event meaning the songs or let’s say the „clips“ Without having to choose the region of each song 10 times in a row and exporting individually?

Ps: i will try to describe my wish a bit more.

My "issue-wish" is following
If you have say 5 songs in Arrangement view and want to master them you will want to not place them overlapping.
Or else you have 5 tracks and all the effects you migh use for mastering overlap and create Audio and Cpu chaos as soon as you
playback.
Also "individual tracks" will export the individual tracks but all of them with the length of the selected region.
So if one song is 3 minutes and the other 4, 10 minutes long , you will have 5x10 minute tracks.

What i wish for is an option to : After i place the tracks in the Arrangement view so they dont overlap,
Being abble to "freeze and Bounce" the Clip-Audio Event (the song clip) and not the whole Region of the Project.
I want all the used Clips (in this case 5 Songs) to be Frozen and Bounced in Place but ONLY the clip and not the whole
Track-Channel for the Length of the Time area in Arrangement view.

I want to avoid Exporting Invividual tracks and then having to Edit their length to the original Clip length if that makes sense
Last edited by spanktron on Sat Nov 13, 2021 12:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tarekith

Re: Export Audio Events-Clips in Arrangement view

Post by Tarekith » Mon Nov 08, 2021 2:32 pm

No.
Tarekith
Ableton Forum Administrator
https://tarekith.com

[jur]
Site Admin

Post by [jur] » Thu Nov 11, 2021 2:02 am

You have different export options, one of them is called something like "individual track(s)", and other one which could work for you is "selected track(s)".
But, because of Tarekith answer, I suspect I didn't fully understand your question :?
Ableton Forum Moderator

spanktron

Post by spanktron » Sat Nov 13, 2021 12:24 pm

[jur] wrote:
Thu Nov 11, 2021 2:02 am
You have different export options, one of them is called something like "individual track(s)", and other one which could work for you is "selected track(s)".
But, because of Tarekith answer, I suspect I didn't fully understand your question :?

I hear ya.
Hmm i know the "individual tracks" option.
My issue is following
If you have say 5 songs in Arrangement view and want to master them you will want to not place them overlapping.
Or else you have 5 tracks and all the effects you migh use for mastering overlap and create Audio and Cpu chaos as soon as you accidentaly
playback more than one.
Also "individual tracks" will export the individual tracks but all of them with the length of the selected region.
So if one song is 3 minutes and the other 4, 10 minutes long , you will have 5x10 minute tracks.

What i wish for is an option to : After i place the tracks in the Arrangement view so they dont overlap,
Being abble to "freeze and Bounce" the Clip-Audio Event (the song clip) and not the whole Region of the Project.
I want all the used Clips (in this case 5 Songs) to be Frozen and Bounced in Place but ONLY the clip and not the whole
Track-Channel for the Length of the Time area in Arrangement view.

[jur]
Site Admin

Post by [jur] » Tue Nov 30, 2021 7:23 pm

Sorry Spanktron I missed your answer.
Well, you could e.g place all your tracks at the beginning of the Arrangement and freeze&flatten them, this way you won't have any extra empty audio at the "songs" start... except if you have sends and master FX.
Ableton Forum Moderator