Anyone get a copy of Ableton Live 3 for sale?

Discuss anything related to audio or music production.
kolakube

Anyone get a copy of Ableton Live 3 for sale?

Post by kolakube » Thu Nov 18, 2021 5:15 pm

Yes, 'Version Three' from 2004 ha.

I'm after audio only. I get distracted easily and go down rabbit holes so after a simple audio only DAW.

If so please PM me.

Im not a scammer and the sale would have to be done through Ebay/Paypal to protect both ourselves.
That way I cant not pay you, you cant rip me as Ebay has my back. Sorry I have to mention this. Honest sellers nothing to fear. I've been on EBay 15 years and 100% feedback. On that not there are no copies on Ebay worldwide.

Crazy how Ableton wont take my money and just sell me a licence?

Hoping someone has a copy lying around, down the back of a shelf not seen for a decade or whatever. Looks like this to jog memories......

Green box

Abuwabu

Re: Anyone get a copy of Ableton Live 3 for sale?

Post by Abuwabu » Thu Nov 18, 2021 5:25 pm

I don't think they sell it as newer Macs no longer support the classic environment.
You can download AL3 here: https://www.macintoshrepository.org/80-ableton-live-3-x

kolakube

Post by kolakube » Thu Nov 18, 2021 6:20 pm

Hi,

Thanks for reply.

Yeah but why would ableton care.? There still getting paid. Could even be sold as no support available. People have to be responsible in knowing they need the correct OS to run it. It wouldn't take much of a warning to have a one liner before you hit the purchase button, telling people who are too daft to foresee this.

I just think Ableton have made all these version why not get money for them. Even if just me and 9 other people are interested what harm can it do. I do get more recent versions could damage sales of the current version. But someone who has bough one of the last 3 versions and wants to explore a 2004 product, well why not?

Thanks for the link but its just a demo. I can get the demo officially of Ableton themselves. What I need is a legit serial that someone will transfer to me.

Machinesworking

Post by Machinesworking » Thu Nov 18, 2021 7:48 pm

kolakube wrote:
Thu Nov 18, 2021 5:15 pm
Yes, 'Version Three' from 2004 ha.

I'm after audio only. I get distracted easily and go down rabbit holes so after a simple audio only DAW.
Your best bet in every single way is to just use Live 11 as an audio only DAW.

Setting up hardware that works for a 17 year old DAW is going to be a nightmare upkeep wise, and if having no plug ins that aren't ancient cracks is your thing...

kolakube

Post by kolakube » Thu Nov 18, 2021 9:41 pm

Errrrr yeah, Lots of assumptions there haha, but I do appreciate your reply

I use an Emax 2 sampler I bought it 1992 and a Juno 6 I bought in the 80s still,. Also my computer never made it past XP.

To say I'm not your typical guy would be right. Rest assured I know exactly what I'm asking for and that is not Ableton Live 11. Not for me. I don't want to get into slagging Ableton off, I admire the way they look after customers and the products they make have revolutionised electronic music forever. But I don't need so much power and endless options. Did I need all that I would look no further.

I use an MPC for sequencing. I know, ableton is better and more powerful in every way, but I start to fell with most 2021 programs that I am using a nuclear missile to crack a nut. And the lauch codes are complicated compared to just using a hammer that does the same anyhow.

I am the anomalty. So need to use abnormal methods. Works for me. So........Anyone got a copy of Live 3 for sale.

Tarekith

Post by Tarekith » Fri Nov 19, 2021 12:44 am

Try reaching out to support@ableton.com. Usually when you buy a new version of Live, you also get access to the older versions too (if you ask nicely). Maybe they can help you out.
Tarekith
Ableton Forum Administrator
https://tarekith.com

Machinesworking

Post by Machinesworking » Fri Nov 19, 2021 6:17 am

@kolacube understood, and Tarekith is right, they're pretty good about this sort of thing. You might have to explain yourself a couple times, but I think you could probably get ahold of a disk image of Live 3.

Before buying you should talk to support about it, just to make sure.

kolakube

Post by kolakube » Sat Nov 20, 2021 10:51 pm

Hi guys,

Ive tried and got no where.

They have a very strict policy. Hence me asking here for a legit licence to buy. It is inline with their instruction.

https://help.ableton.com/hc/en-us/artic ... ns-of-Live

I've honestly tried all the easy route before asking on here.

Wouldn't you think someone would have a copy lying around unused?

jestermgee

Post by jestermgee » Sat Nov 20, 2021 11:33 pm

Most with a copy that old would have either upgraded over the years, given up and no longer on the forum or dead.

If you had live all those years ago, don’t you still have a license for it?

Tarekith

Post by Tarekith » Sun Nov 21, 2021 1:40 am

deleted
Tarekith
Ableton Forum Administrator
https://tarekith.com

Machinesworking

Post by Machinesworking » Sun Nov 21, 2021 5:46 am

kolakube wrote:
Sat Nov 20, 2021 10:51 pm
Hi guys,

Ive tried and got no where.

They have a very strict policy. Hence me asking here for a legit licence to buy. It is inline with their instruction.

https://help.ableton.com/hc/en-us/artic ... ns-of-Live

I've honestly tried all the easy route before asking on here.

Wouldn't you think someone would have a copy lying around unused?
No. Most of us upgraded. I used Live 3 for about 3-5 months because they announced 4 was coming and I was in their upgrade window.

I don't even have access to it anymore because I sold that copy when I bought Suite of someone here for cheap enough to make it worth my while.

You're asking for something that nobody else would want to force yourself into simplicity, maybe think about using Akai Force? that's more or less a parred down version of Live in hardware form. Gets you completely away from computers as well.

kolakube

Post by kolakube » Sun Nov 21, 2021 9:34 am

Ok, guess this is a futile task. If Anyone stumbles on this even years later and has a copy they would sell please PM me.

@ Jestermgeee -

Ha had to laugh. Dead?? Seriously are you 14 or something? I ask as when I was 14 someone 21 was ancient. Live 3 was 2004. I have been around music since the days of Cubase and Creator on the Atari ST. (IE the 80s) I'm not even out my 40s yet. So its hardly like Live 3 is for 90 year olds. ha ha class.

'Here lies old Harold. Died clutching his copy of Ableton Live 1 that he got from World War 1, now being transferred to the nations museum)

...............And yes I have multiple Ableton Live licences. 4 and 6 and 9 and 10 Lite (last one I got with a novation keyboard) - All paid for copies. Not into piracy.

We seem to live in a world where people are constantly upgrading. Need the latest mac to run the latest version. If we need all the latest stuff to write good music then how come many many great electronic tracks was made in the 70s onwards.

I don't get it. When it comes to hardware idiots will sell there grandmother for a TR-909 even though great emulations in hardware and software and superb painstaking samples have been around for ever. People pay £500-£750 for a battered S950 sampler. Yet when it comes to software the last version is instantly deemed crap as soon as a newer version comes out.

To me DAWs reached a sweet spot over a decade ago. There now much like the iPhone. The marketing has you believing how can you live without it, but really speaking there's no diff side by side with a five year older model. Yet people insist on camping outside of the Apple shop for the latest.

I guess it depend where you started music from. If you are 14 then Ableton Live 6 must seem prehistoric. To me, Mr Akai/Atari Ableton Live 1 is ground breaking.

Anyhow, Im sorry im not one for forums and debating and such. I got music to make :) So feel free to reply and I'll get back eventually.

Thanks to everyone who contributed

jestermgee

Post by jestermgee » Sun Nov 21, 2021 9:08 pm

It wasn’t a literal statement, more a joke that Live 3 is so ancient almost everyone that would have a copy would have moved on.

This is why backups are a good idea especially if you may need to hold on to the past…

kolakube

Post by kolakube » Mon Jul 18, 2022 1:11 pm

It wasn’t a literal statement, more a joke that Live 3 is so ancient almost everyone that would have a copy would have moved on.
Sorry took forever to get back. Yeah no worries, I wasnt being super serious myself. Sometimes things come across wrong over text only. All the best

S T I L L on look out for Ableton 3! Anyone.

Again again if you ever stumble on this years down the line still PM me if you can a copy for sale.

Kind regards to all.