Take Lanes crippled the Midi Overdub function in Live 11

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
WilmarBoer

Take Lanes crippled the Midi Overdub function in Live 11

Post by WilmarBoer » Sat Nov 27, 2021 1:59 pm

I tapped in a drumline on the Push in Arrangement View. In clip editing I just do the necessary editing to fix my playing faults. And by using the + button I want to overdub some fills. But now it always makes a new take. And that's another clip that doesn't show in the clip editor. So overdubbing is gone useless with the new Take Lanes and there is no way to switch off the Take Lanes function. Am i missing something? How is overdubbing/replace notes recording working in relation to Take Lanes?

What I need is one clip. And using MIDI Overdub I record the notes I need in a few passes and keep Clip View open. How do I do that in Arrangement View in Live 11? It was easy in Live 10 but it seems broken in Live 11. Now Live 11 uses Overdub Mode to make a new clip with the old notes and the new one added to it as a new Take Lane clip. But that new clip breaks the Clip Editor! It doesn't become the new active clipview clip. And it breaks that you see the whole songwide clip that I was building up in the first place both editing and overdubbing! Now with every overdub action (which can be a few notes, just a Tom or Crash here and there) I need to cut the clip and consolidate the track before I have a whole clip view again. A huge pain in what was a fast midi-sequencing workflow in Live 10.

A big wish would be to switch Take Lanes on or off per track. So that besides the 'Show Take Lanes' submenu item per track there also is a 'Use Take Lanes' item. Because especially for audiotracks comping takes is a amazing!

Is there a work around or am I doing something wrong? How are you using the + button in the top bar since Live 11?
----
Making music is my hobby
Corporate photography is my passion: https://www.beeldvoerders.nl/bedrijfsfotografie