Trigger Sample-Kick using Lowpassed Audio Drum Loop

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
spanktron

Trigger Sample-Kick using Lowpassed Audio Drum Loop

Post by spanktron » Sat Nov 27, 2021 4:17 pm

Hi Everyone.

I am having trouble finding an elegant solution to this.

I want to use a Break Drum Loop and have the Kick trigger a Sampled Kick .

One idea would be to lowpass the loop so only the kick is audible and have it trigger some kind of Gate i suppose?

Only i cant wrap my head around as to how to do this. Or is there some nice Vst out there with this specialty `

Any hint would be greatly appreciated

Pitch Black

Re: Trigger Sample-Kick using Lowpassed Audio Drum Loop

Post by Pitch Black » Sat Nov 27, 2021 9:01 pm

Right-click on the clip that contains your drum loop > Slice to Drum Rack.

This will create a MIDI track with a MIDI Clip playing your beat sliced into a Drum Rack instrument. From there you can mute/choose/replace any MIDI notes with whatever kick drum sample you choose.
MBP M1Max | MacOS 12.7.2 | Live 11.3.20 | Babyface Pro FS | Push 3 (tethered) | a whole other bunch of controllers
Ableton Certified Trainer
Soundcloud

spanktron

Re: Trigger Sample-Kick using Lowpassed Audio Drum Loop

Post by spanktron » Sun Nov 28, 2021 3:35 pm

Pitch Black wrote:
Sat Nov 27, 2021 9:01 pm
Right-click on the clip that contains your drum loop > Slice to Drum Rack.

This will create a MIDI track with a MIDI Clip playing your beat sliced into a Drum Rack instrument. From there you can mute/choose/replace any MIDI notes with whatever kick drum sample you choose.

Hi there and thanks for taking hte time.

Hmm the problem with slicing is that if it is a long loop you dont get all Kicks on one channel but rather end up with 3-4 and much more layers of Kicks which makes it very time costing imho.

What i want is an option of honing in a specific sound using some kind of SC filter to choose a Kick or a Snares main body and then have this signal trigger a Sampler playing a Kick sample of my choosing.

I purchased Trigger 2 by Slate but it seems to be destined to only work well with individual drum tracks and not extraction from a full drum loop.

Hope that describes better what i wish for. Are you aware of any plugin doing this?

Cheers