How to map tracks to second launchpad

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
TheSidewinder

How to map tracks to second launchpad

Post by TheSidewinder » Sun Nov 28, 2021 6:54 pm

Just pulled the trigger on Live 11 upgrade, and have two original Launchpads. Glad that all I have to do is plug them in and Live sees them fine. No more messing around with drivers. I last used Live at version 9, it just had to sit for a long time while other things in life had to be taken care of.

That said... I've searched, but suspect I'm not using the right terms, so getting 15,000 results. Apologies if this has been asked a million times...

When the program loads, both Launchpads are seen, but tracks 1-8 are triggered by either launchpad. (e.g loading a Live Set duplicates the patterns of lights on each one.)

I do remember being able to assign e.g tracks 9-16 to the second one, and I thought in Preferences somehow.

But apparently I forgot how to do this, and my search terms aren't good enough to get an answer.

What am I missing here?

TheSidewinder

Re: How to map tracks to second launchpad

Post by TheSidewinder » Mon Dec 06, 2021 4:58 pm

Ouch, all the views and no answers. :(

Am I asking this question in the wrong place?

gross9978

Post by gross9978 » Mon Dec 06, 2021 6:48 pm

As far as I know the only way to do this would be with another control surface script for the 2nd launch pad. I know for sure isotonik studios makes a few for just this scenario and they work well.

TheSidewinder

Post by TheSidewinder » Mon Dec 06, 2021 7:00 pm

Thank you for replying, glad someone did.

But I know this was possible to do in Ableton Live 8 and 9 without any additional software/files/whatever; it was a native capability... somehow.

And I've forgotten how. >.<