shorten the wah pedal range

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
Veance

shorten the wah pedal range

Post by Veance » Wed Dec 01, 2021 4:14 pm

I use a line 6 FBV shortboard mk2 on my pc for manipulating my guitar rig 6 software.
In Ableton I rigged the pedal of that device to wok trough midi and control a wah feature in guitra rig 6. But I can't seem to figure out if I could use it within the range I choose. Like min = 20% and max 70%

Is that even possible and if yes...how? Didnt even know how to google this one :)

[jur]
Site Admin

Re: shorten the wah pedal range

Post by [jur] » Wed Dec 01, 2021 5:53 pm

Yes it's possible and there's several options:
- editing your FVB internal midi (I've no idea if this device allows it)
- intercept the FVB signal before it reaches Live with a midi software that would control the range and then route the signal into Live. There's a few program that can do it for both window and macOS (but I can't for the life of me remember the name of any one atm!!)
- range it directly in Guitar Rig (I don't have it so I can't check but I'd be surprised if it doesn't offer such a simple midi option)
- do it with a M4L device... you can search here -
- Expression Control (built-in M4L) could do the trick, depending on which midi CC your FVB is sending (but once again, this midi CC should be editable from within your FVB)
- map your Guitar Rig wah pedal to an Effect Rack macro, and range this macro

etc...
Ableton Forum Moderator

Veance

Re: shorten the wah pedal range

Post by Veance » Wed Dec 01, 2021 6:59 pm

Aah, Found it in Midi mapping: There's an min and max procentage. Thanks a bunch