Latest beta is fantastic!

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
Machinesworking

Re: Latest beta is fantastic!

Post by Machinesworking » Mon Jan 17, 2022 4:53 am

cids wrote:
Fri Jan 14, 2022 8:38 am
.marc. wrote:
Mon Dec 13, 2021 9:02 pm
what I don't understand with all these m1 and native and so on... maybe someone with this systems and this beta can tell me: Ableton 11.1 running native on the silicons (arm). but what is with alle the plugins? ok. ableton stock plugins will work. sure! but what if I have a plugin that is not silicon-native? does it run automatically only as AU or also as VST?

till now I don't have an M1 but maybe some has tested it already. what I need is sylenth1, serum and some fabfilter (they are native I know). for ALL other things I use ableton stock plugin-ins.

thanks for try to tell me how it functions with all these m1-things

marc
When you run Ableton 11.1 on a Mac M1 you can only use native/universal plugins (VST2/VST3/AU). Alternative is to run Ableton under Rosetta, then you will be able to run Intel and Universal plugins but with a performance impact because of the Rosetta translation layer
This isn't correct, you can run updated to AU2 spec plug ins in Rosetta in native M1 Live. So most plug ins have already been updated over the years to AU2, it's not a public description but if you go into Logics plug in manager you can see it in the description of AU plug ins there.

So in native M1 Live 11 you can run native M1 versions of VST2 VST3 and Rosetta versions of AU2 as well as some AU3 plug ins, the Moog Model 15 runs in Live now on Mac OS.