How to disable "unexpectedly quit" prompt/popup

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
ztraeger

How to disable "unexpectedly quit" prompt/popup

Post by ztraeger » Mon Jan 03, 2022 5:26 am

Hey y'all. I'm using Ableton to run audio for a multichannel installation at a restaurant that needs to run 24/7. On the occasion that the computer needs to be hard reset or Ableton restarted, I want to disable the "Quit unexpectedly" prompt as the computer itself is very hard to get to and the behavior I'm looking for is for the template set to open regardless of what happened. We will never need to recover any changes if the session did unexpectedly quit and I'd prefer to disable to prompt so that a keyboard or mouse wouldn't be needed on restart. I haven't tried anything that worked on the options.txt so far. Running this on Mac 10.14. Thanks!

ztraeger

Re: How to disable "unexpectedly quit" prompt/popup

Post by ztraeger » Thu Jan 06, 2022 2:15 am

Anyone have any ideas? I'm pretty stumped and haven't found anything.

ztraeger

Post by ztraeger » Tue Jan 11, 2022 2:36 am

Thought I'd try to bump this once more.

jestermgee

Post by jestermgee » Tue Jan 11, 2022 10:07 pm

To put you out of your misery, you can't disable a warning about how the software experienced an issue because of the unconventional way you are using it. In cases like this where you have a specific need that goes against the way things should be done (doing a proper system shutdown) you need to develop your own solution to the issue you have created.

So the way I would fix this if there was no alternative to kicking the PC in the guts to reset it would be to launch Live using a script that after launching Live can scan for a dialog and close/acknowledge it automatically.

On PC this is a simple thing to do with AutoHotKeys or AutoIT that can scan any windows handle and send a winClose command, I know macOS has keyboard Maestro but no idea if that could be used to do something like this, you would have to research ways to script and automate things in macOS, it's not as easy to do quick hack scripts like this as it is on PC

chapelier fou

Post by chapelier fou » Wed Jan 12, 2022 5:56 am

You can do this with max for live.
Check out my « do not save » device in maxforlive.com and extrapolate from this. Or get back to me.
MacBook Pro 13" Retina i7 2.8 GHz OS 10.13, L10.0.1, M4L.
MacStudio M1Max 32Go OS 12.3.1