Duplicating Scene - Pushes down all Midi Mapping

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
FonzMusic

Duplicating Scene - Pushes down all Midi Mapping

Post by FonzMusic » Tue Jan 04, 2022 5:18 pm

Hi All, first time poster so forgive me if i make any mistakes.

I have a push 2, and use ableton in a live music looping performance environment.

One thing i am trying to accomplish is duplicating a scene so i can add one more layer in real time without much delay.

So i could have drums mapped to scene one, duplicate scene and add guitar so guitar / drums on scene 2, duplicate scene add bass so guitar/bass/drums on scene 3 etc.

This works great because i have each scene launch mapped to a midi foot controller.

When i go in during the song and manually copy down each clip to the next scene this process works great but its not very smooth and it seems unnecessary. ALAS! There is a duplicate button on the push two and on ableton which you can use to duplicate the scene!

Great! No so great... when you do so, it pushes all the midi maps for my foot controller down one slot. So nothing controls the new scene that was made and now my second pedal controls scene 3, 3rd pedal controls scene 4 etc.

Note: this happens when you press "NEW" or "DUPLICATE" as it relates to scenes

Anyone know if there is a way to keep this from happening, or a way i could rethink this process in a smooth live environment

[jur]
Site Admin

Re: Duplicating Scene - Pushes down all Midi Mapping

Post by [jur] » Mon Jan 31, 2022 4:06 pm

Did you try mapping the launch buttons, not on the clips themselves, but on the tracks. This mappable button only appears when in your in midi map mode, it's a "play" button placed above the track's mixer/below the clip slots.
Ableton Forum Moderator

audioriver

Re: Duplicating Scene - Pushes down all Midi Mapping

Post by audioriver » Mon Feb 19, 2024 2:54 am

This happens when you map the scenes as well. The mapping shifts down and makes the scene mapping useless at that point. It would be nice if we had the option to change this.