saving clips of LOOPS - in SESSION VIEW

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
Jordan Vanderwerf

saving clips of LOOPS - in SESSION VIEW

Post by Jordan Vanderwerf » Thu Jan 06, 2022 5:39 pm

I have a weird problem, that some part of my brain says I didn't always have.. :roll:

Let's say I have a 16bar loop. vocals maybe.

I take it in it's looped form and cut it in HALF(or 1/4s or WHATEVER)... Now I can do some take comping(in the arrangement view) woo! right.. no prob!

BUT when I go to save any clips/chunks of the *1st half/prwhatever length* of the loop section INTO THE SESSION VIEW - there's my problem.

I cannot bring them BACK into the arrangement as only an *8BAR(or whathaveyou)* section/clip/chunk.. every time I cut the loop into pieces the smaller clips have a new start marker BUT NOT A NEW END MARKER?!!? WTF (so my clips have no defined end.. and I can't tell where it had been cut..)

I just want to be able to save the clip(without destroying i.e. cropping away the looped information) - I have found a way around it(which requires that I *UNLOOP* each little CLIP before I drop it into my session view for saving). but as you can imagine, this is a huge pain i the butt because I then have to re-activate loop on the clip in my arrangement to CONTINUE CYCLING THROUGH TAKES*.

Is there honestly no way around this? :evil:

Sorry I can't figure out how to post any images..

THANK YOU TO ANYONE WHO CAN SPOLVE THIS!