Change Project Tempo to Multiple or Subdivision Without affecting audio clips

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
spanktron

Change Project Tempo to Multiple or Subdivision Without affecting audio clips

Post by spanktron » Fri Jan 07, 2022 8:19 pm

Hi Everyone.

Wish a good year for all of us.

I have a problem and am saturated in my head so i cant think straight right now so need some help.

I have a project that originally was 80 Bpm but after a year and much exporting and exchanging with a friend and dont ask me why or how,
it is now 160.

I think my friend mut have changed the global tempo without affecting anything sonically.

My issue is i want to extract some clips and tracks from the original project , only it is 80 bpm.

I don`t want to warp and stretch the Audio clips to 160. I would just want to be able to either make it 160 bpm without affecting anything at all
in the Audio clips so i can drag and drop the tracks i need into the current project without having to mess with the Tempo of the project.
In other words i need the two projects to be interchangeable

The only solution till now but its very time consuming , is to record from one computer to the other while playing it at 80 bpm but recording at 160
I know that some of you will be loughing right now cause i am so frustrated and might be missing simple things but if anyone can pont me in the right direction it would be sweet.

Cheers