velocity range, drum rack simpler/sampler glitch

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
ukrulesok

velocity range, drum rack simpler/sampler glitch

Post by ukrulesok » Sat Jan 08, 2022 3:53 pm

Ok heres my problem, i got a midi clip controlling a drum rack (Session Drums Studio Pack) with the velocity set to ranges between 0-127 on all the midi notes, when the midi clip is selected and showing the midi data all is fine but as soon as i move to device view or go to another track the drums start glitching, using Mac Os Mojave & Ableton Live 11.0.12, Does anyone know how to fix this ?.

Thanks
Andy.

siliconarc

Re: velocity range, drum rack simpler/sampler glitch

Post by siliconarc » Fri Jan 14, 2022 7:33 pm

There's a bug in Sampler where sample playback will glitch when using velocity to select samples, and its track is not rec-armed.
Velocity zones could feature in the pack you're using, might be what you're seeing?

If you're using Push you will come across this when switching tracks due to the pink 'soft' auto-arm.

[jur]
Site Admin

Post by [jur] » Mon Jan 31, 2022 4:20 pm

garyboozy wrote:
Fri Jan 14, 2022 7:33 pm
If you're using Push you will come across this when switching tracks due to the pink 'soft' auto-arm.
Only if "reduced latency when monitoring" is on, and I'm not sure that's what the OP is talking about.
Ableton Forum Moderator

siliconarc

Post by siliconarc » Mon Jan 31, 2022 4:26 pm

[edit-edit]
just tried the pack OP was using (session drums studio) - it uses Sampler's velocity layers, which when used along with randomised velocity notes, audio dropouts/glitches occur.
try this example set: download2
disable the rec-arm and you should hear the prob.