No audio input signal when using audio interface in Live 10 Lite

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
Beethovenwasdeaf

No audio input signal when using audio interface in Live 10 Lite

Post by Beethovenwasdeaf » Sat Jan 15, 2022 7:15 am

Dear forum,

I need your help; I can’t get any input signal in Live 10 Lite using my audio interface. Here are some details and what I’ve tried so far:

Running Ableton Live Lite 10 (10.1.42 Build 2021-11-04_537ff2c643)
In MacOS Monterey 12.1
On MacBook Pro (13 inch, M1, 2020), 8GB LPDDR4
With Scarlett Focusrite 2i2 audio interface

I have isolated the issue to be Ableton Live specific and only in relation with the audio interface.
After having made sure that Live I/O’s are set to the audio interface, here’s what I’ve tried:

1) Made sure that Live is allowed to use the audio input in System Preferences > Security and Privacy > Privacy > Microphone > ticked ‘Ableton Live Lite 10’ (I have worked with the audio interface for 4 months without changing any settings)
2) Made sure that MacOS can register sound input from the audio interface by checking the input signal in System Preferences > Sound > Input, while the audio interface is selected
3) Recorded sound via the audio interface in Audacity - works as usual
4) Checked if Live can record audio using the Mac’s built in microphone as input device. This works.
5) Run the good old reboot procedure

When I have selected the audio interface as I/O device in the settings, the red, round ‘track for recording’ button on the audio tracks is dimmed, grey, and the usual green input signal bars are completely dead.

I have run out of ideas. Can some expert please help me?

/Mark

Greenapples2019

Re: No audio input signal when using audio interface in Live 10 Lite

Post by Greenapples2019 » Sat Jan 15, 2022 8:40 am

I have the same equipment as you and know it can be tricky getting Live, your Mac and Focusrite to all be joined up. What settings have you got for Focusrite Control? What are you plugging into the 2i2 to check for sound? What input/output settings do you have on your track? If you could post a screenshot or two it would probably help someone to pinpoint the issue.