Double note triggering in clip view with auto q on

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
chimp_spanner

Double note triggering in clip view with auto q on

Post by chimp_spanner » Tue Jan 18, 2022 6:09 pm

Hey all, as in thread title, I've found that when recording to a clip with my AKAI controller keyboard, if auto quantise is on, I can hear note doubling (like I'm hearing quantised and unquantised at the same time). It doesn't get recorded into the part, it doesn't happen with auto Q on, and it doesn't happen in arranger view with auto q on or off. The only solutions are to either manually toggle monitoring on/off and not use auto, or turn auto q off and manually quantise. Friend of mine just replicated on his and I have submitted a bug report.

Anyone else experiencing this and is there a way around it or do we just have to wait? Thanks!

mholloway

Re: Double note triggering in clip view with auto q on

Post by mholloway » Wed Jan 19, 2022 7:46 am

I am experiencing exactly the same thing, it's been driving me crazy. Glad to hear it's not just me, and that you've submitted a bug report. I'll submit one as well.

I'm using an NI Komplete Kontrol S61 keyboard, btw -- but I think this will happen with any controller, regardless.
my industrial music made with Ableton Live (as DEAD WHEN I FOUND HER): https://deadwhenifoundher.bandcamp.com/
my dark jazz / noir music made with Ableton Live: https://michaelarthurholloway.bandcamp. ... guilt-noir

pottering

Post by pottering » Thu Jan 20, 2022 1:22 am

I think that was fixed in the 11.1 beta already.
♥♥♥

siliconarc

Post by siliconarc » Thu Jan 20, 2022 11:11 am

It's not fixed in 11.1. Something else was fixed in this area (its in the release notes somewhere) but the main issue remains. You can avoid it if you set the rec-armed track to 'In' instead of 'Auto'. Another way is to send longer notes. Shorter notes that end before the auto-quantised grid point leads to the doubling.

I've attached a basic example set below (Live 11.1). Play the green clips to hear their notes playing into the red 'rec-armed' track. You hear notes playing the off-beat. Now hit record on the red track's clip slots and you'll hear the doubling on the first green clip (shorter notes) but not the second clip (longer notes).

https://www.dropbox.com/s/kzbgihxjyc2z2 ... s.zip?dl=0

chimp_spanner

Post by chimp_spanner » Thu Jan 20, 2022 4:14 pm

Hey thanks for the comments. Glad (I guess!) that I'm not alone, but kinda disappointed to hear this issue is persisting even in the beta. I have submitted a big ticket along with a video file of the problem but, I've not heard anything back. Seems like a pretty big bug to me. For now I will just have to leave quantise off and do a CTRL+U after recording, every time. Shouldn't have to though!

m:o

Post by m:o » Sun Jan 23, 2022 6:59 pm

Turning off Midi Note Chase solved the double trigger problem for me.
Latest Live 11.0.12
Thanks for the tip (even when it don't solves the problem for everybody here...weird)

same Problem, different thread
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=231609&p=1798428#p1798428